Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
the official release schedule for barley 2 is releasing it 6 years later as a mislabeled sonic the hedgehog 2 rom

Actually i'm very excited for this game Can't Wait no bellyaching allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Happy -8 year anniversary!

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

Everdraed posted:

I think I said this back when you guys launched the kickstarter (and you haughtily, disdainfully turned me down if I remember correctly), but I'd still be up for making something weird for you dudes if you'd want it.

Especially if there's like four more years of dev to expect, that'd give me plenty of time to make something a little silly.
doing undertale and then trying to do barkley 2 huh
getting your fingers in two hot alt indie game pies
except one is heartwarming while the other is made of 'stank'

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Having been waiting for this game for so long that I've found enough art/work blogs to see semi-regular content updates is pretty satisfying.

Lately seems like a huge uptick in production, so that's exciting

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Where's my new update barleykun

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I haven't seen any updates from bisse or frankiepixelshow in quite a while, and those weekly updates stopped hilariously at week 2, so now I'm wondering what part of the joke we're currently in.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
lazrool posted some map work update and also says the release date is fall 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4P_ZHAGZM

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Tog published a game before Barkley 2 somehow

http://store.steampowered.com/app/511380

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

whenever i feel down about b2 not being out i just listen to this tune and get hype all over

https://d15chbti7ht62o.cloudfront.net/assets/002/374/807/81e71b23fcd957e43d07bdea015e1ece_mp3.mp3

oh golly this is quite hype, is there more like this?

Just think about the release delay in terms of what they're going to put in the titles of articles on news sites once it finally does

'barkley 2 releases ahead of schedule of 2023 released ate'

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I bought pozzo so I could discover what fragments of Barkley 2 material were present
I was amused

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
yo like that one guy asked please spoilertag all those images it's really annoying seeing the thread flash up and down spasmodically

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
i know we're all shitposting in here but watching one of frankie's streams and seeing the random crap he's making to fill out the world, while one of the people in charge of the stuff tells him how long he can make weird gnomes with giant noses before he has to work on actual quest related stuff makes me realize that one day this game is gonna get released

one day

also i'm posting the following kickstarter because the dudes behind dropsy the clown are making a game where you comb through alternate timeline geocities for seditious material and it looks tight as hell https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/hypnospace-outlaw?ref=thanks_tweet

i'm sure the above kickstarter will release before the titular game but who knows??

Krakox fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 16, 2016

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

Everdraed posted:

That update content looks really cool, with some especially gorgeous character spriting and animation going down. Frankie does great stuff! I still need to get a body pillow for my cyberdwarf, can't believe I've put that off for almost five years now haha.

I think it's been a year or two since I last offered, but once again I'd like to formally say 'yo dawg if there's some way i can help out ur project i'm down.'

I remember when you posted this the first time and I hope they are just extremely competent at doing the things they want to, because your work is nothing short of fantastic.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
i'm excited

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I would be angry if I had any expectations, but I don't until 6 years from now. Also, I hope they keep working on things in their spare time. If this was a physical item I'd be mad, sure, but it's like that miyamoto quote about late once vs bad forever

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
If I squint while playing Splatoon I can pretend the orange paint is basketballs

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Bjorklee

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Y'all are cowards there's asset streaming every week, they're doing this out of love

Boyardee is fine, classics of game just started posting content again

Just take a drat breather, they're working on it like a fan game at this point

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
...barky is real...

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Remember when gortarius would post constantly

I have never given up hope

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Tales of games updated this week so while everyone is in stealth mode I believe we will see barley

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I want to release all those who worked so hard on this from their obligations of making it, to disperse information about what working on it was like when they feel the urge, and for asset dumps to rain from the sky. I am thankful for those who made good content. I only wish i got the content packs and the body pillow

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Hell that one dudes been making a game where you can see princess peache's titties since 2013 just dump the assetts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
the promise has been made, another year or so folks