Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
cboyardee posts some cool info about the game, random poo poo on his twitter:
https://twitter.com/CBoyardee
recommend followin him if you havent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah, you're right. Even though the changes and additions have been incremental over the last few months, added up they're huge. Mechanical changes, areas, enemies, quests, all sorts of things. I feel like people want "WE ADDED 500 NEW QUESTS TO THE GAME" and not "we have a wading system now, you can walk in water but it slows you down". I feel like we've had better and faster progress in the last few months than at any point in the whole process even if it's not as interesting. Anyway, we will have an update soon.

I'd read through a log that has info on minutiae like that. But that's probably not a good use of my time and I understand if typing one out is a bad use of your own.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

DrManiac posted:

Will sweet Georgia brown be in this?

I hope. It's been ages since I last heard that song but... but I can hear it now, a symphony of whistles and toots.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

The Tales of Games website is down :(

I checked the Kickstarter page... last update was on March 11...

Last tweet from ToG was June 15, although there was a retweet of pillows 3 days ago!? This is the only post ToG has made in a month

This is still happening, right?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Modus Pwnens posted:

Seriously I'd probably put in another $20. Just say you're doing a documentary or something, whatever.

I'm a fool and down for this as well........

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The social medias are saying that as of today rumors of Space Jam 2 are becoming slightly less fake. At this rate it will probably come out before this game.

Holy poo poo... space jam 2. You guys did it. I knew ToG was working on something...

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

BiggerJ posted:

I want the official word: do Space Jam 2 and the original Barkley: Shut Up and Jam 2 take place in an alternate universe in which the B-Ballpocalypse does not occur?

Can anyone answer this. What is ToG gonna do about the canon.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

owl milk posted:

what happened is they got enough funding to make the game way way way bigger than they first planned so even tho they hired another guy it's taking much longer than anticipated since they're still a very small team and want to maintain a high level of quality. the last update is an obvious indicator of that, where they finally finished the backend stuff after like 2.5 years and can now really work on content which is a very professional approach and p much the opposite of how indie games work.

if you want regular updates you should sub to frankie's streams, he's been doing barkley 2 stuff about every other week and plays it sometimes to test stuff. it's looking really good

This is good......

Where's his stream? I am sorry that I am very incompetent.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Wow, this is good too.

thanks

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I am very concerned with this games' canon. What will be done to preempt the new movies canon? How will retcons be avoided? Thoughts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Cybershell posted:

Anyone have questions they'd like me to ask the ToGboys at PAX? Questions like "when is the game coming out?" and "is the game coming out?" and "why isn't the game out?"

What are they going to do about the canon in regards to space jam 2?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Ryaomon posted:

at least I can play borderlands

but dont mind me please continue saying "is space jam canon" for the next 80 pages

Please post more about your thoughts on this game

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Musical guns?
An affix where if you shoot the gun to a certain rhythm/tempo it does more damage?? Or when played right maybe has a different effect, like healing you? It can be compounded easily

How's that?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Line Feed posted:

If B2 seriously comes out on the 11th I will drop Fallout 4 like a sack of bowling balls and play B2 instead.

Is this game finally about to drop on 11/11?? And 8 years early too...

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Friends, I may have spotted the REAL Chef Boyardee in a game of Overwatch today... Now it may be an impostor but he did say the word "meatball", completely lost the game (playing Tracer of course), and then denied my friend request, so I think it's pretty legtimate.

What are your thoughts? Is this the real Chef Boyardee? Doesn't he deserve a break from making Barkley 2? What does this mean...

Edit: Chef if you still read this thread this I'm sorry for nerding out, it'd be fun to play overwatch again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 11, 2016

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-P-EUDrfQ

"It's been ages since I last heard that song but... but I can hear it now, a symphony of whistles and toots..."

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I heard that Game Maker Studio 2 is coming out soon and is in beta as of today. Will this help the production of Barkley 2 2/3 the final gun?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

it's backwards compatible so it might actually if most of their problems are issues with the engine

That's some good stuff then. I'm sure they're checking it out :)

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

The work Frankie is doing is really cool and honestly inspiring in a way. Thanks for the consistent updates. I know ToG would like to/should post more, but as long as Frankie keeps streaming the dream is alive

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 21, 2016

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I believe.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I've got something to say...

Looking forward to this! :cheers:

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Barkley is still coming and it's gonna be great

It may take some more time though

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

On the off chance you don't get it:

The updates they give are generally extremely low effort and convey little to no information and show almost nothing in the way of progress. If they gave a genuine detailed status update with more clear indications of the product's status then people would alleviate the complaint part. "They can't tell you anything because of spoilers" would be ridiculous even if there weren't dozens of kickstarters that manage comprehensive regular updates without trouble. Cosmic Star Heroine ended up thoroughly average but it was a similar low-budget indie RPG which managed to convey plenty of information, show plenty of progress, and release more quickly than Barkley 2 has despite being delayed.

You should know that your posts, and all posts in this thread, may be featured in the game itself

So, by all means :justpost:

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Well Half life 3 just came out, or what's left of it, and it's a blog post:

https://techraptor.net/content/marc-laidlaw-half-life-3-episode-3-synopsis

I guess we can say HL3 came out before Barklee

https://pastebin.com/q9DMFa7c

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is he the guy who "backed" the game with 20k of imaginary money that he then used to pay himself to work on the game or something?

Nah he's the cool guy makin a bunch of art assets and is like the only team member visibly doing stuff with the game. Pretty much the only reason we know the game is still being made. Don't know if he's getting paid anymore :( Honestly, he's a hero

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I believe that one day this game will release and I will play it

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I would honestly give them more money if it meant the game would come out or come out sooner
Ransom Barkley please.

Also can anyone still buy the game/donate

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Is Frankie still working on the game? Has anyone asked him if it's still goin?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

Yes it's still going, and he still works on it. He's shown off quite a bit of the game at differebt times, and it honestly looks awesome.

Word, thanks. In that case I stil fully believe that the game is coming, eventually

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

The game will come out, and the game will be good

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Has Frankie said anything recently about if the games still being made

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

doing my 9th replay of Bark 1 while waiting for bark 2. need help finding the library cards. any luck.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Super Rad posted:

*In Avery Brooks voice* You cannot deny Barkley 2 exists! That future - that guns' station - all those bballs - they exist in here! *points frantically at own head* In my MIND - I created it! The future - I created it and it's REAL! Don't you understand? It's real! I created it and it's REAL - it's real! Oh... God

So I will learn to live with it... Because I can live with it... I can live with it...

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Twain of Pain posted:

Saw the ToG company car on the way to work. It seems like the Jello Crusade really paid off

love the italian license frame

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Modus Pwnens posted:

Well, Frankie stopped working on it to focus on his own game, sooooooo

poo poo he was my last hope. So I guess no one is working on the game

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Apparently there's some interest and people looking into making a Space Jam 2 video game (since the movie is in fact releasing):

https://www.dualshockers.com/space-jam-2-dave-lang-iron-galaxy/

Here's the reddit (._. ) thread about it, where Barkley, SU&J: Gaiden is mentioned and not forgotten:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/au3adq/space_jam_2_is_releasing_in_2021_and_iron_galaxys/?st=jsjdx6q2&sh=9f2a0fcd

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

Barkley is hella late but what we've seen of it really is exceptional.

Agreed. Have there been any visible hints of late that the game is still being made? Any updates from Frankie, or has he casually mentioned it in some way?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

oddium posted:

in the dead of night would you ask the sun for hints that it will rise

o7

Scarodactyl posted:

Yes. He has pretty much finished up his art, and stepped back from doing other dev things on it because there were too many cooks in the kitchen. If I am recalling correctly, that's what he sees as the source of most of their delays and development issues, too many people with good ideas working a bit too independently. So at this point they're apparently working more on getting everything they have implemented and put together.

That helps, thanks

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is it really so hard to say sorry it's taking a while but it's still happening

Yes, I would love any single developer to just definitely say it's still being made/coming out eventually. That's all! They could just post three words: "It's still happening" and that would be enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Wrex Ruckus posted:

The top ten juiced up coaches, AND the top ten juiced up players.

hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut