Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I am, completely seriously, looking forward to this game more than any other on the planet right now. Slam with the best or jam with the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
In case you fellas don't think this is a project is worth donating a neo-shekel to, consider the following email I sent with the subject "TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGofM-C2ofHBSG" the day this was announced saying

quote:

I have been dreaming of this day. If I had a house to mortgage, I'd do it so I could pledge a billion neo-shekels to the kickstarter. I love you guys. Life is now worth living again.

As I always say to my professional contacts: Slam with the best or jam with the rest,
my name

I didn't expect a reply but a few days later I got one

quote:

Mystical greetings,

Thank you for the encouragement! We are very, very excited about this game and are blown away by the reaction it's getting. We're a little disappointed that you don't have a house to mortgage, but we've talked about it and come up with a list of things you could do to come up with money:

1. Sell an organ - Selling organs is a fun and safe way to get money quick. Google "organ selling" or consult your nearest organ harvester for more information. Tip: sell an organ you have multiples of.

2. Organized crime - Gangs and the mafia are always looking for more recruits and pay great! This is an ideal career path if you love crime.

3. Grandma - Grandma loves you and just wants the best for you. Make up a story about your car breaking down, which prevents you from getting to work, and ask her for money. If she says no, call again, tell her you're with the IRS and demand her social security number.

4. Become a rock star - I'm not sure how to do this, but if you become a rock star you could probably make millions.

These are just a few fun and creative ways to make money to give to us. I'm sure you can come up with a few on your own too. Just give it a try!

Seriously, thanks for your interest in the game. It makes us really happy to hear how excited people are for this game.

Thank you,
The ToG Rat

These guys own. Give them all your monies. We can't save them from the cyberpocalypse, but perhaps we can save ourselves if we pledge enough.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Faffel posted:

This thread is evidence that Cboyardee is a loving sell out....

And what a way to do it! Go chef boyardee!

I am seriously debating the $300 option. You guys deserve it and I don't have many friends to buy Christmas presents for anyway.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
You are now an official backer of Barkley 2 - an RPG Sequel to Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. Time to tell the world about it!

Pledge amount
$300.00

Oh god, what have I done.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Guys, the year is 666X. Charles Barkley would be dead anyway.

Or would he?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bastard Tetris posted:

X114JAM9 is the error code Vinceborg has when he forgets his purpose. Mind blown.

Dear Clispaeth in Heaven...

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Ceyton posted:

Barkley obviously died in the Necron 5 explosion, so of course he won't be in this game. Let's just accept it and move on.

He survived one Chaos Dunk already, you know. The one he did himself, before Neo New York was just New York. He can survive the Necron 5 one.

Node fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 29, 2012

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Stop right there: this is all the information you need. This game is for you.

e: Woops, should have edited that into my previous post instead of making a new one. Sorry. Just giddy that this modern day epic now has a release date.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
When will you awesome dudes be sending out instructions on what kind of pictures you want for our neckbeard-laden in-game portraits, if you pledged $300? Any idea? I don't have many props I could use. I have a silly looking fly fishing hat though.

Slam with the best, or jam with the rest.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm definitely going to upload a picture of me in my pajamas cuddled up with my Cyberdwarf body pillow.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Dauntasa posted:

Right, but it still has at least half of Barkley's name on it and presumably he will be mentioned in it at some point.

As an armchair amateur lawyer who has been in contact with Tales of Game's I can assure you that they are well within their legal rights and are in no danger of being slammed with a lawsuit from Charles Barkley.

Note that the previous sentence may have some inaccuracies due to me drinking myself happy that the pledge amount is almost up to fifty grand.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Jesus Christ this is beautiful.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Scambl posted:

Guys. Guys. I'm freaking out. I've been waiting for this day. I hope to see you all in Ballhalla.

Go outside and start slamming for a while, and those jamming feelings will start to fade. Barkley 2 is coming, and this is canon.

And listen to this every day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Yaos posted:

This is true of all Japanese humor. It is not crass and disrespectful like western fauxtainers. Fauxtainers are not funny, they are not amusing, they are annoying and stupid like a a person arguing against the superiority of Japanese culture. Japanese humor tells a story with a deep meaning that leaves the audience with a sense of awe and knowing. It is depressing that so many people do not know this and it speaks volumes about our education system.

Why hello there Truckpump. I've always wondered where you posted.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
They aren't contractually obligated to wear pants until the Kickstarter ends and they have met their funding goal, and everyone's money is taken.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Does anyone have a billionaire friend with some spare change? A Barkley 2 Superbowl commercial would be more historically significant than when we put a man on the moon.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Ezzer posted:

Superbowl commercial guys. we can do this. us TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS can do it.

That seems a rather.... arbitrary number.

Looks like someone forgot. 9.11 rounded is 9.1. Thanks for hating America.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

Cool, I love when people bring up Homestuck. Maybe we should talk about My Little Pony next.

Cancel Barkley 2 immediately.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Which version of DirectX is Barkley 2 going to require by the way, Chef? I had to mug a lot of people to be able to afford a computer to run Shut up and Jam: Gaiden, so I need to know how much time I'm going to need to prowl the back alleys.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Baloogan posted:

If you don't got no Super Famicom then you ain't poo poo white boyee.

Don't slam me like that man. You've ruined my day.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Dyz posted:

Jensen was traveling.

Listen, when you're performing a cyberpocalypse-causing Chaos Dunk, it's okay to skirt the rules. Barkley had to do it, so the refs turned a blind eye. The same is true with Jensen's imitation.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

helopticor posted:

Don't give up the ghost too soon. It's very common for Kickstarter projects to get a big push just before closing, especially if new websites report on them towards the end of the project.

Obsidian had a huge late push but they were streaming some good poo poo during the final hours. Tales of Game's could do something similar but Barkley 2 might be too canon for a big party to end the Kickstarter.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Chef Boyardee posted:

Hell yeah.

Also Node, what is your avatar? I saw a picture of that guy today at a rest stop in Breezewood, PA. A woman was whispering in his ear and he had his mouth wide open. It was definitely the same guy.

I have no idea, I found dudes using it in some place where they talk about bad games.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
How much would it cost to have Charles Barkley say B-ball. B-Ball never changes. for Barkley 2

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I see nothing wrong with ToG having $1,999 to spend on Mt. Dew and Cheetos.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Call Now posted:

I want to donate 100$, but I don't know what to actually do with a cyberdwarf pillowcase :qq:

You sleep and cuddle with it when you put a pillow in it, you baka gaijin.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I love you Tales of Game's. Barkley 2 will usher in an era of games that will undeniably make all, even the most adamant critics, consider vidcons art and you've spearheaded that movement. Semper Games.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I love how two of my three favorite things made it into that article. The turkey feather, and the quote from Barkley about ghosts in the Spalding factory. I wish the Incan Gold story made it there though.

Its awesome you guys got a multi-page article though. And all started from a free "weird RPG" made in 2008 that was very non serious but you took very seriously (as said in the article.) Way to go dude's!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Chef Boyardee posted:

I don't want to kill myself when I tell people how much I appreciate that they've given money to Barkley 2. Right now I'm mostly concerned that people will write the game off because it's not a rehash of Barkley 1. I mean, I'm completely happy with the game, I'm just concerned that because it's not basketball wackiness 24/7, other people won't be.

I pledged money to your game because the way you handled comedy in Barkley 1 was great and didn't feel tryhard, and you didn't rely on internet memes. Your sense of humor and delivery were outstanding. I didn't pledge because I'm expecting more of Sir Charles, b-ball, and chaos dunks being mentioned every 10 seconds.

Don't underestimate your audience is what I'm trying to say. I'm not expecting Barkley 1.5 and I would hazard to guess that many other people are smart enough not to either. Relax and make a fun and funny game, that's all I ask.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I just got the email asking for a pic for the in game portrait. Since I'm not funny or original, anyone have any ideas of facial expressions or what I should put on my ugly face? Thanks.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Vanderdeath posted:

I just saw this picture and I must ask if it's officially fftthtphhth

Haha, god drat. Where did you find that?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Unguided posted:

I think someone said it was gamma world. Not sure if it is or not.

The artist is a prophet, I think we can all agree on.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Wezlar posted:

Do people actually care about balance in single player games?

Sometimes, like alchemy in TES games. But for a vidcon like Barkley? No.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

bloodynose posted:

I too did character creation (the best thing at pax for sure) and pestered the ToG boys with a breakfast bag of doritos on Saturday. Headed home now but you guys did an amazing job and somehow got me even more excited for barkley than I already was.

I'm really jealous because you got to meet a real life wizard. How ToG can get their hands on a wizard for an afternoon baffles me.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah, they were bad and embarrassing. In the PAX build that we made specifically for the convention, instead of respawning at this utility station where you normally respawn, the game restarts, which causes a double of your sprite to appear on top of your sprite. This double can't go underneath the depth and object tile layers, so it looks like total poo poo. You can go underneath those layers in the real game and it's not a bug that happens in the real game because the real game doesn't restart completely when you die, so it's just a dumb, embarrassing bug exclusive to the build we showed at the convention.

Also it was really cool meeting all you guys, you were awesome. I'd only met two people in my entire life who had ever heard of Barkley before, so it was this surreal experience meeting a billion people a day who like our stupid game. Thanks everyone. Hopefully Barkley 2 will live up to your expectations. We're trying really hard to make it not only a funny game, but something that's actually good to play this time around.

The wizard cameo during the interview was the best thing ever.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
How did you find Gortarius? Or perhaps better phrased, how did Gortarius find you?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Jenner posted:

I hope they're doing well.

As long as no Chaos Dunks are planned I think things will be alright.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Gortarius posted:

Good luck on the character creation trials ahead.

You're gonna need it............................

Oh my gosh. It's the Wizard Himself.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Chef Boyardee posted:

Because it's awful.

It had to have been the most unexpected thing that has ever happened in my life when I first fought MJ and Vinceborg so I thank you for that, I still think it's hilarious and wrong and awful and out of place and perfect and great

And yeah please keep ridiculous status effects in game, whether you keep aspergers and diabetes, or make up something else stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I like feliz navigames