Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lordosis_gamer posted:

GZ, I understand you are upset and understandably so. I think your current perception is inaccurate. If you seriously want to the game to thrive, please just go ahead and start working. “I quit; the game is dead; I’m the game’s only hope; I need to tell everyone how someone else ruined the game” is a strange position for the game. You have the repo. Start working. Don’t talk to bhroom. Steal it for all I care. You will never hear me say he did a great job managing this game. But please loving chill out, unhook yourself from this same ugly conversation and distorted thinking about “secret back channels” and manipulation you’ve been having since January, and let the subject die, thanks.

Calling it. The guy who took complete control of the intellectual property then used that control to browbeat everyone off of the project one by one is now worried that aforementioned control means he is solely responsible for violating Kickstarter's Terms and failing to deliver. That's why he and his brother are both concerned with speaking in the present/future tense of a game that everyone quit working on.

I'm curious how long they would have let the radio silence go on if this story didn't explode beyond this thread. I mean if you never announce the game is dead then you are never liable for failing to deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
release the source code so we can turn this into the first goon project in history that failed twice

I'll not make the website!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Ultimate Doge posted:

And before arguing with me about that keep in mind I have more information about this situation than most posters ITT do

While you were shitposting I was studying the art of Barkley 2 Development.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lampsacus posted:

OK I downloaded and played it for the afternoon.
-holy poo poo this is some old internet humour. its more nostalgic than funny.
-The gameplay is meh, I think you really had to play this game ten years ago to feel love for it? Barkley has some good shitposting dialog but my god the actual game?
-saying that, it would be cool to see a demo. I hope they release the full game in the next few years (before star citizen lol).

I think someone actually trying to be a game critic over Barkley 1 in 2019 is the funniest thing that's come out of Barkley 2 being dead.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's everyone else who fled, that dummy seems to be trying to finish the game by offering new coders no money to tweak individual lines of code on a monthly basis until the game is done.

Everyone else has left and he's basically devoting his life to deluding himself and like five remaining fans that the game will release and be worth releasing.

my money is still on the guy trying to avoid a lawsuit for not delivering under the kickstarter TOS that was active at the time.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

overmind2000 posted:

Is the dev build online anywhere? I assume with everything collapsing it's probably been leaked

One of the backers should threaten the ideas guy that demands complete control and ownership of the property with a lawsuit since the terms of the kickstarter TOS weren't met. The news that the game was dead is what caused him to melt down last time and try to pretend the game was still being made and caused the release of the content we did get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Games dead jom

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 4, 2022