Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah that's a pretty awful list. I don't think Space Funeral was even a game meant to be played, just to exist in madness and occasionally have someone attempt it on youtube. At least it's better than "OFF", I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Barkley is popular in Japan? Was there even a Japanese translation of it?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Gortarius posted:

We spent all the KS money we had to get Sonic and Dante in the game but it didn't work out so we have been plotting what we are going to do now for the past two years.

You didn't get Sonic and Dante in??

Oh my god. This is the biggest Kickstarter betrayal ever.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Bisse posted:

Just finished a massive refactoring of our entire Gun's system. It was necessary to be able to save the guns. It ended up taking three weeks and adding no extra features beyond "...also your guns are saved now". Overall i'd sum up the experience as a nerve-wrecking snooze-fest.

Lesson learned: Next time we make a game the scale of Baldurs Gate 2 we should implement critical systems, like you know, saving all parts of the game, early rather than 2 years into development.

What was wrong with the previous system that didn't allow the guns to be saved?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Nooooooooooooooooo

We're ruined. RUINED!!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I wouldn't mind the shitposting if there were like, actual updates on game progress either.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Uh oh, don't tell me this game has universal ammo. We all know how well that worked out for Deus Ex Invisible War.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I was about to make a photoshop of Barkley 2 downloading from my humble bundle page complete with multiple eye-popping grandmas, but turns out it's not even on the list anymore :shrug: :shrug:

*Ah I see they moved it to a separate "purchases made" type page now.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 17, 2015

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Sounds like a good time to release the source to the backers instead of letting it sit forever in some repository with one guy vainly attempting to finish it part time! Or at least open up the source to specific people that have an interest or experience with the tools.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Pretty good posted:

Barkley 2's source and assets will be scooped up by a new generation of irreverent poster's and it will be finished and released as freeware, intellectual property violations and all

If someone did this it might actually be good

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Pretty good posted:

Gonna repost my old idea for how to salvage this thing bc I still think it would work well

"The chair" from Xenogears could also be employed to fill in the missing story content for this post-Barkley Barkley game, it would be great.

Hell just put actual barkley in the game, not like it loving matters at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
well the game wasn't released, but a game was :smug:

Oh also why didn't the person who made the recent remake actual-make use the previously released code? too much of a mess?