Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
When do you guys next come to Seattle? I just realized the Emerald City Comic Con is this weekend. I don't really keep up with these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm pretty sure this has been part of the plan all along. I remember reading an interview where the entire idea of Barkley 2 was to be extremely different from the first from the very beginning, when they first referred to it in the Barkley 1 credits.

I imagine Barkley 3 is going to be some sort of RTS or something.

You guys make it sound like they know what they're doing.
:cheeky:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Chef Boyardee posted:

people only came to the tales of game's panel because they thought it was about the "tales of" games.

Did I read you guys are coming to PAX Seattle this year? I heard tickets sold out in about 20 minutes, otherwise it'd be fun to visit.
edit: Oh yeah, since there's a "real" Tales of Game and this is intended to be legit, can't that cause you problems?

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 7, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The dentists were all probably getting high as hell on nitrous or whatever they use.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I didn't know Chicken Fries were a real thing. Haha

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Japan is cool and a lot of fun and I hope to have the opportunity to visit again someday.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Gortarius posted:

No. This is the age of ear based gaming.

I might be wrong but I think that was a legit question?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Lord Chumley posted:

"Damnit, this was all just a gatdamn booby trap! Hogan, you motherfucking baka, you sick motherfucking goddamn BAKA! What the gently caress did you to do Beltz? What the gently caress did you do to my son?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0MYre_w0gE

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The clock runs backward?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What did the kickstarter update say?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Please don't use guns with apostrophe meme. It's so tired now.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

He talked a pretty good game. I would have expected the impostor interview to be more like David Thorpe of Somethingisawful.com on G4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Philip Rivers posted:

So did the fake interview happen yet?

Yes.
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/642003351207575552
http://www.pcgamer.com/barkley-2s-guns-are-alive-and-other-interesting-facts/

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Gortarius posted:

Hmm, so there is this vidio now from PAX prime 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni2hceqpqHA

Contains gameplay and some amount of explanation to gun'sbreeding, but also a lot of ToG gently caress ups which I really like. For example they have to restart the game because the guy screwed himself over by making nothing but countermeasure gun's which can't kill anything (there was bug that made countermeasure gun's way more common than anything else so it's ToGs fault), and that really weird camera motion that I don't know how they managed to gently caress up. Guess the guy playing is just slightly tapping the aiming stick? I don't know. You can almost see them booting up DwarfNET registration program too but sorry, no dice.

Is that the impostor guy again?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Go to bed

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is there a save editor for Barkley 1? I don't want to play it all again :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

obstipator posted:

an active social media presence is not required to develop a game

I would like to point out it is a crowd-funded project so updates to backers is expected.

I have a hunch that they don't want to admit they have no idea when they'll finish or something like that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
great lets post more ten year old memes and chef will never post here ever agin

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Please back up your work to a Zip drive so a hard drive crash doesn't kill it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Hiratio posted:

Chef vanished from the project 2 1/2 years ago. I've tried contacting him multiple times and haven't received a response. Bort left around the same time to be a family man.

The Kickstarter was not necessary, especially in hindsight. The majority of work on this game was unpaid. Myself, Bort, and Chef are the original Barkley 1 creators. I did not join the Kickstarter with them because I was aware of the many problems that could (and did) arise.

I was asked to join the project 3 years after the KS when the project had little money and was in shambles. I was committed to trying to finish the game but it was consistently set back by horrible management and I ended up quitting. The person who owns ToG and is running it now had nothing to do with Barkley 1 and has zero game dev experience. He is the ToG PR guy.

When I quit, Lazrool also quit. We were the only two remaining who understood the technical inner workings of this game. Laz worked on this project nearly from the start, pro bono, and was tired of the nonsense as well.

There is no incentive for "ToG" or anyone attached to the KS to talk about this debacle.

Aww. What about Gotarius? He was posting in here for a while but stopped.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Does the Twitter response mean that this thread was being watched all along? Or did word just spread really quickly?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have just one more thing to say.

Semper Games.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sorry about your mom.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

DoctorStrangelove posted:

From what I recall this image isn't actually from the game but it was a source of inspiration for the game's look and tone.

It says 1990 & the artist's signature in the corner :-P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ItBreathes posted:

What's a true doom murderhead thing to name ones dog?

Otis

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

FrankieSmileShow posted:

So the first big day of testing and debugging went really well. I appreciate the well wishes and motivation, but there are 5 of us making fixes and 4 people testing out the game and finding issues, so stop calling this Frankie's demo please.

Yesterday I almost finished installing dwarfnet from its separate project into the main project, only tweaks left is some text alignment issues and positioning issues I noticed after the stream yesterday, and also normal game music fails to resume when you quit dwarfnet too.
I also added some kind of error logging we can use to print out debug info to an external text file, because Barkley seems to be preventing Game Maker Studio's normal debug system, so figuring out problems felt like working blind.

bhroom added a loading image because the game takes long enough to load without any apparent loading that it feels like it failed to launch, so people try running it again and end up with several instances running at once. He also fixed too many quest/scripting problems to count from all the playtesting, added an extra starting gun to help the learning curve at the start, and fixed a cursor display issue.

Urto has been figuring out and fixing some issues regarding the games' default settings, and finding grammar issues and typos.

Stefano fixed a display problem with the game screen being displayed twice during character creation. (I dont actually know who that is? Do I know you under another username? At first I thought Stefano was paperjack but I noticed paperjack is listed separately in the GIT repository. Who is this mysterious programming gentleman??)

Weve also been talking about adding a pile of guns you get for free at the very beginning, so we can get you basic info about the general concept of how your arsenal works and have enough weapons to try it out right away. Also been thinking about tweaking the stats of one of the early enemies.

Lurdiak, Scarodactyl, Landsharkrawr and The Monster King have been doing testing, and have found a lot of issues for us to fix. Lurdiak and Scarodactyl in particular have been putting a lot of their time into this, and I really appreciate it.

I honestly didn't expect this many people to come together for this.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
So what was that demo that somebody posted here last week?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

FrankieSmileShow posted:

yeah I just fixed that among with 6-ish other bugs and crashes, I really hope they push the new version soon
Theres 12 gumballs and 1 of em crashes, so 1 in 12 people who play get a softlock. 1000 people downloaded the demo so far, whoops
this does make me glad they made this one backer-only for now

It'd be less than 1 in 12, because you can say no to the gumball :-P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Chef Boyardee posted:

will there be joke's ?
NO.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bulgaria police are criminals

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The great B-Ball purge has begun.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Semper Games

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The B-Ball Purge began with Kobe
Now where will it end?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Uncle Wemus posted:

man its already been a year since all the poo poo came out?

June

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That art though

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I go one for ya...

If you can't slam with the best, then go jam with the rest!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is it good though?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Jordan is a monster

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004