Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chef Boyardee posted:

Well, like half of us have gotten violently ill and are basically incapacitated so we can't do much of anything right now. I wanted to post an update yesterday but I was too busy barfing, so that's part of it. But the other thing is that I just don't feel comfortable milking this for every last dime. It's why we've only posted 4 updates, because we don't want to saturate your inboxes, and why I think we've been comparatively low key. It would be cool if journalists wanted to post it of their own volition, but we don't want to pimp the game out.

Eh, I don't really feel the same way. Updates seem to me something like an obligation to your backers, keeping them in the loop about plans and progress, responding to questions and criticism. When a campaign has less than one update a week, it starts to look like the creator doesn't really care.

Your campaign is on the edge of that. You do respond to a ton of comments, so it's not that bad, but that fact is less apparent at first glance. Plus, it's easy to miss information in comments; full updates also offer you a chance to summarize and respond to these issues together in a place where no one is going to miss it.

I don't think spamming inboxes is really worth worrying about, unless we're talking multiple updates a day outside of the home stretch. Who would pledge to a campaign who didn't want to hear about that project? Edit: and anyway,

Fuschia tude fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Philip Rivers posted:

If it takes you $120000 to make 3 animated cutscenes, would $100000 get us at least one? Maybe an opening video?

Tales of Game's posted:

One thing I don't like about stretch goals is that they imply that if we don't reach it, it won't be in the game. For us, stretch goals are a guarantee that if we reach it, it will absolutely be in the game but we will still [try] even if we don't make it.

So, hopefully, and fewer might be more likely than all 3 even if they don't make the goal.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

SaviourX posted:

Play the classics, son.

Hey, those chasms don't resemble the spaces between the walls at all. :mad:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chocobo posted:

Today I learned that Neil Ciriciereieigia has made stuff other than animutations.

I wonder what it would take to get him unbanned.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Gortarius posted:

Haven't touched that hanoi poo poo yet, I am on mapping duty. Been detailing some maps. Should prob make one of those speed drawing type of vids of making a map from nothing to fully detailed. Might be interesting? Probably isn't.

Yes please. FSS has been doing that for maps and pixels and it is good.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Please allow peeing to recover health, like DUKE NUKEM

We need to be able to slurp up blood like in WOLF3D

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Segmentation Fault posted:

Well, it is one of the best facebook application which you can easily play on your pc.

I like how the image uses the concept art from the kickstarter, but the text on it says Far Cry 3. :allears:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

the KS update posted:

We just quietly hit a pretty big milestone. Here at ToG, we work in 2-week sprints, and this is our first sprint since - well, since I joined two years ago
I was a bit confused reading this sentence at first :v:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Modus Pwnens posted:

Seriously I'd probably put in another $20. Just say you're doing a documentary or something, whatever.

I would be willing to buy some $10,00 space gun's and sewer taxi's. I want to fight some punk newbs with space gun's. let my at them make it happen

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Railing Kill posted:

But seriously, an update would be cool. No pressure, though.

Cheffy B. hasn't posted here since January.

What's the doughboy hiding? :tinfoil:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Philip Rivers posted:

Also $120k spread out over multiple people and three years is not a fulltime budget so these people have other jobs they need to work.

Well there was that one interview/alpha gameplay video where they said they started out working from their parents' basements and now they are back in their parents' basements so maybe not, actually.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

dis astranagant posted:

Someone point me at another game with customizable guns like this that isn't a lovely f2p fps.

Borderlands? :shrug: never actually played it.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Paintball. Recolors enemies (no gameplay effect). Each gun causes one of dozens of colors.
of darkness. Darkens your screen every time you fire, reducing enemies' accuracy (to 0% at full black). Lasts 60 seconds.
Zorcher. Sends enemies to the X-Zone instead of killing them. Almost the same as killing them, only you can't get their gun's or other drops. But it lets you avoid on-death effects like explosive enemies.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

duergar redesign looking pretty sweet

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

A gun that starts off doing low damage, and every hit causes it to increase in potency.
Potentially very powerful with a large magazine if the player is very careful to hit every time, could be great against bosses.

So it resets to 1 when you reload?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Baloogan posted:

This is the last post, from 10 months ago.... lol @ all the 120k is totes gone.

peeps can make entire games in 10 months.

y'all got cucked hard.

Yeah, and when they raised enough money to make this entire game three and a half times over, they decided to make it six times larger. You're getting almost twice the value for your money!

Fuschia tude fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 16, 2015

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

owl milk posted:

they're going for a very high level of quality (the "three tile rule").

Good to see they're keeping the quality design sensibilities learned from the RPGMaker community alive.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Aight ill try to stream barkley work more often.
Its just been really boring stuff lately, stuff so mindless I really want to distract myself with videos while I work. Cant stream while watching vids!!

Its mostly a looping playlist of nerds playing and talking through Heretic or Hexen. That's my jam. I do my best work with 1994-1996 Raven Software lets plays.

Right now I'm looking for videos of nerds playing through very obscure dungeon crawlers, especially those eye of the beholder types with a first person view and tiled movement. Obnoxious voice-overs are a plus. Anyone's got tips??
Every time I look for dungeon crawlers all I find is a tidal wave of people playing Stone Soup. Stone Soup is great, but I know that one already, and it doesn't have the most inspiring art.

Anyway, I'll probably be finishing up some enemies soon. That aught to be more interesting than shifting sprites around for hours, I'll be sure to link here when I start.

Albion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdrSweF30c

It has 2D isometric gameplay maps alternated with Wolf3D style first-person dungeons and combat.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dabir posted:

What do you mean timelines are guesses? It's coming out in 2013.

That's a funny way to write "2023".

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

captain innocuous posted:

I don't care for Worms Armageddon, Zelda, Super Mario, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Bioshock, Call of Duty, Tetris, Chrono trigger, Knights of the Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Mass Effect, Minecraft, Elderscrolls, Street Fighter, Half Life, Red Dead Redemption, Pac-Man, Fallout, Batman Arkham, The Last of Us, Pong, Space Invaders, Starcraft, Doom, Goldeneye 007, Halo, Mario Kart, Metal Gear Solid, Rainbow Six, Dark Souls, CounterStrike, Metroid, Castlevania, all indie games, Soul Calibur, Shadow of the Colossus, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Punch Out, Contra, Smash Brothers, Secret of Mana, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Double Dragon, Silent Hill, Galaga, Mega Man, Gunstar Heroes, Daytona USA, Deus Ex, Xenogears, Kingdom Hearts, Uncharted, Grim Fandango, Portal, Gran Tourismo, Okami, Tecmo Bowl, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, Earthbound, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Ridge Racer, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, or this game.

kikkelivelho posted:

Maybe Barkley 2 could release me from this torment?

I agree, PS:T is a better game than those.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

oddium posted:

barkley 2 will be game of the year. semper games

Yes, but, which year? :q:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Butt Discussin posted:

1920 gun's drawn, so

Tommy gun's confirmed

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bisse posted:

We are finally ready to unveil a little "side project" we have been working on: http://www.next.co.uk/homeware/beds/barkley-2-underbed-drawers

That's not how you spell duergars

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

DeepQantas posted:

Imagine hiring a christian fundamentalist as a designer for your Mortal Kombat sequel.

Almost as bad as hiring a mormon to design Doom.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

nerdz posted:

Malnourishing Salt Machine Pistol Of The Perfectionist

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/699706718419345408

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Friend Commuter posted:

yes, in fact the recommended way to play is to bury it miles away from your house and encourage someone else to dig it up

The E.T. school of game design

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Krakox posted:

oh golly this is quite hype, is there more like this?

Just think about the release delay in terms of what they're going to put in the titles of articles on news sites once it finally does

'barkley 2 releases ahead of schedule of 2023 released ate'

Oh cool, taking business tips from airlines

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Legin Noslen posted:

Please poo poo up this thread with more poo poo thanks in advance.

I agree, it's drowning out all the other good content

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

staplegun posted:

Is Tides of Numenera supposed to be bad? I know nothing about it other than it's a spiritual sequel to P:T, the Best Video Game of All Time. That and it's been in EA since loving forever which I don't know why the hell anyone would play through an RPG of all things in EA.

Big Mad Drongo posted:

The best part of P:T was the writing.

Numenera is by the studio that did Wasteland 2, a game where the writing quality ranges from "wasteland fanfiction" to "acceptably mediocre for a video game."

It might turn out to be alright (not sure what the actual gameplay will be like), but hoping for another Planescape is just gonna get you hurt.

Most of the gameplay changes they implemented seem to be really good, moving it away from Baldur's Gate default assumptions and emphasizing the story and reactivity instead. It's hard to tell from videos, but the writing doesn't look bad. And it has most of the design team from the original.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Under the vegetable posted:

remember when the people making this game begged everyone to stop giving them money because they thought 70k was too much money lol

I didn't see that in cboyardee's posts, no

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FunMerrania posted:

I like how they post updates here

They do? :confused:

Or do you mean Frankie, I'm not sure he's an official member of ToG

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he's right. It's Serious Sam with a Doom skin, though better than Serious Sam. The only Doom map it's similar to is Dead Simple

Dead Simple is probably Sandy Petersen's best map though??

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Sandy's best map was Tricks and Traps, obv

Is this some kind of joke?

The level transition between Dead Simple and Tricks and Traps is just depressing, marking the exact shift from "that was fun" to :wtf: and the game never recovers.

Not even 'O' of Destruction can save the rest of it

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The secret is that Doom 2 is actually not nearly as good as Doom 1 nor is it a particularly good game in general

Even Doom isn't the best Doom game. Shareware Doom is. The other two episodes are just Petersen going farther into the deep end the farther he strays from Hall's designs. (This is why Pandemonium is the best map in Inferno.)

Ultimate Doom has some nice map designs, but the progression is poo poo and it suffers from the same boring architecture monotony as shareware Wolf3d.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FreeKillB posted:

Loving the FFT reference.

littlemoney

how appropriate

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Didn't this game run out of kickstarter money and now is basically being made as a hobby

Lurdiak posted:

There are several thousand hours of stream footage contradicting this theory.

I don't see what about these two posts is contradictory though?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sdoots posted:

I thought this said "vaporwave".

This game is the most vaporwave.

No, vaporwave is Barkley.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

spit on my clit posted:

thats uncertain, we dont have a release date for either yet