Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta say that $1000 backer reward might be the best backer reward I have ever seen on a videogame Kickstarter. It's the first time I'd actually have given $1000 to a KS, in a hypothetical world where I was fabulously wealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Optimus Subprime posted:

I wonder if it would ever be possible to get sir Charles seal of approval on this game. :allears:

Securing official rights to use his name and likeness would be the most amazing stretch goal, however unlikely and impractical.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Unguided posted:

Hate to break it to you, but Chicken Fries are gone. They've been replaced with chicken strips. 2012, the year the Chicken Fry died.

Thinking about it, there would be a kind of integrity to chicken strips being a better version of chicken fries. Maybe get some nugget in there, and a dipping sauce system like the condiments in Earthbound... forward my check to Idea Guy Creative Consultancy.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Call Now posted:

Maybe if you are a huge racist. :colbert:

If you think about it, uplifting the duergar is just reverse racism.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
There's usually a pretty big push at the end, though, with people who held off on backing making last second donations and a return to media prominence with websites and forums talking about how it's ending soon.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

For some reason I just remembered that in Van Helsing, the absolutely how-the-gently caress-was-this-in-theaters-and-not-just-a-made-for-TV-movie-on-ScyFy abysmal 2004 movie, duergar were Dracula's henchmen. Though I think they just looked like midgets in full face enclosing steampunk gas masks or something and didn't talk or do much of anything except help Dracula with his mad science and get crossbowed to death by Van Helsing.

I'm choosing to interpret this as canonical; Dracula's are tonally very powerful.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I Love You! posted:

Aw man, just realized that B2G isnt going to be hitting the stretch goal for the spacejam theme, and it would probably be impossible for any sort of grassroots/fan campaign to get the rights to succeed.

Keep the faith, friend; there are 5 days yet remaining and it's possible there will be some shocking surprises or an unexpected last minute push that just barely touches and gently tickles $200,000.

But if not it'll probably at least go high enough for us to get the bonus dungeon and animated cutscenes which sound like meaningful and ownage-tier game content upgrades so KEEP DONATING thank you!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Weekend RPG looks really cool too. STFU with whining and let game men work.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The child That Dragon, Cancer is about lived to be four while the Ouya was only commercially available to the public for two years; if you think about it the real tragedy is

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

if enough people quote this post we can will the game into existence. belief is nearly as powerful as a chaos dunk.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

i can't believe this game has finally came out

get out

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Good day ladies and germs. I'm wondering if mayhaps my Kickstarter app is busted? I logged in today and noticed that there aren't any updates in a few years. That must have been the last time I checked, can I get a Goon Squad drummed up to help me troubleshoot this so I can read the latest updatez?

lmao that you're asking this here and not in the discord

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is it out yet

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

for anybody curious: it's not. don't listen to this guy.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is it out yet

EDIT: UPDATE: it's not out yet

Baku fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 9, 2019

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cuntellectual posted:

I think the moral of the story is that they should have stolen their assets again.

the art's the part I've seen a bunch of work on, tho!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is it out y- huh?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Snake Maze posted:

No that's actually the worst version. If it's just the same as unbreakable weapons but you need to do chores once in a while then don't bother.

I agree w/ this, durability works in Breath of the Wild because the entire game is designed around the assumption that you're constantly breaking weapons and it's trying to encourage you to use all the resources at your disposal to explore and make progress and not get attached to them, and games without durability also whip rear end

It's a good example of needless complexity in games like Dark Souls where you have to do it but the costs are inconsequential and you're never really in danger of breaking something as long as you pay that cost once in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is it coming out this year