Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Hey I forget who it was that said they were in the 677th Sustainment Brigade (p sure not Gleep) but here are some pics I took of them at the Veterans' Day Parade in NYC. I have a bunch more if for some weird reason you want them, these are the better ones.

(If you didn't know, to get the big version from imgur just cut the 'l' off the end of the filename)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

I swear this bathroom layout still baffles me

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I really want to believe that the guy pulling the trigger/pressing the button on that thing has a brightly red ABORT-button with 3 exclamation marks on his screen, but those are fake screenshots to cover up sensitive test-data and the actual control/readout interfaces are much more complex with endless streams of scientific data, right?

RIGHT...?

I can't believe you watched that video and what surprised you the most was the big ABORT button

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

ded posted:

Some crazy rear end angles of attack in an F-22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlHhKvIX3w

No Cobra maneuver, 7/10

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Hey Brown Moses have you seen any evidence in ordnance debris that would support the claim that the Syrians have already used chemical weapons? How does a crumpled chemical munition differ in appearance from a conventional round? I tried googling for clues but unfired munitions look awfully like every other round, and considering how this war has gone I'd half expect to see 80-gallon drums with Mr Yuk on the side chucked out of helicopters.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

You have a source for that? How would that even work? I have never heard of a predator with AIM-9's.. but then again, my whole pred experience was in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Any idea which model AIM-9 it is? Does the guy in the trailer at nellis get a tone lock? I mean, space and time being what they are, and latency being what it is, and AIM-9 ranges being what they are.. I can't see stinger missile engagement ever working-- but I've been proven wrong a million times before so :shrug:

Stinger is not Sidewinder

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The TFR gun control thread is talking about cops being outgunned, really wanna crosspost that Paladin pic

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

IDR posted:

where the gently caress are they getting their funding?

Most of the ridiculous military equipment gets bought with handed out Homeland Security money. The joke's on the local departments because even if you get that M113 or whatever cheap the maintenance costs will still ruin you.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

A little part of me wants to believe we're doing some kind of counter-counter-counter-psyop and generating the fake lovely propaganda.

But we're not that clever.

I was going to make a joke about it being Israeli maskirova but I can't see an Israeli putting out something that lovely even as a joke

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

It appears to be a Chinese FN-6, which has no business being in Syria at all. I've put a bit more on my blog.

If they were sold to Sudan one would assume the breakup of that country would have dumped all sorts of strange stuff onto the black market. And it's not very far away.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
We want the opposition to win because Assad and everyone he's associated with is a bastard. But 'the opposition' is actually a whole mess of different groups, most ethnic based, some ideology based, some of which are relatively OK, some of which are worse bastards than Assad / pretty much Al Qaeda or however you think of these things. Most of them are also very excited about killing each other when the government isn't around - Libya's an even bigger ethnic clash mess than Iraq is. None of them are in any shape to run the country or even keep it one piece when Assad falls. We're not getting officially involved because a) QUAGMIRE b) we can't pick allies for poo poo and don't want to help/arm guys who just turn around and blow up Americans. Also the Russians have commitments with Assad because they have a base there and the less we get involved the less they have to. Depending on the ethnic groups we ally with/against it also affects Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon etc so it's not contained within current Syrian borders.

Oh, and there are chemical weapons, advanced MANPADS and all other sorts of fun stuff wandering around that'll end up on the black market sooner or later. Meanwhile the ratio of guys we like / extremists drops every day, and the people think after all our fluffy speeches that the Americans have abandoned them, which in the loopy logic of the Arab world turns into we have some deal with Assad or some poo poo which is going to do wonders for diplomacy down the line.

So it's basically like Libya, only the stakes are higher because of the location, and we got burned real bad on Libya so now we're not touching the oven at all

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
No honest man needs more than 6 flashlights

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I can imagine the horror show TFR posters could come up with accessorizing those 4 miles of railzzz

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I'm sure it's fun to do for sinkexes but is dropping gravity bombs on ships still expected to be a thing, ever?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
If he was that HSLD he'd know what trigger discipline was

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The photo is seven years old and possibly a photoshop, if that helps explain the odd perspective and scale

E: it's supposedly an Israeli bomb dropped on a Hamas HQ in Gaza in '07

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
It makes you wonder when it becomes viable to do things like using the other guy's live feed / Youtubes as intel instead of risking your own drones / recon, and if there is value in putting up falsified / altered data as counterintel, beyond the propaganda value.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Kaliber posted:

Why is the other guy holding his shotgun like a machine gun?

And why is he dressed up like Destro

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

hahaha, yeah that sounds about how navy boot was too. pretty funny to think about now.

the only seniority i didnt want was wearing BCGs :(

That smugness when you traded the recruit hat for a navy one

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/03/north-korea-puts-its-war-machine-on-display/100481/

Every picture has something ridiculous in it

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

US Navy hard at work

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Another example of the importance of infantry support for tanks from Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFRXks2X68&t=120s

Better if you start it a little earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFRXks2X68&t=76s

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I'm guessing it was a grenade, you can kind of see him pull the pin and count. What's burning is the propellant in the magazine.

E:

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm :lol:ing that he just walked up and tossed whatever that was down the gun tube. That's some Looney Tunes poo poo right there.

Twice. First time it got shot out of the barrel when the main gun just happened to fire.

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 2, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
What I don't get with all these tank kill vids is why the tanks are sitting still, without even traversing the turret, for more than enough time for these guys to set up both a killing attack and a camera vantage point to film it

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Get one of those all-seeing eyes they stick on the Kiowas, have it rise from the TC hatch like the Great Pumpkin

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
And that, kids, is why you don't chew tobacco.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks to SA I assumed they were cosplayers

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Move mayochat to the civ thread so someone can explain that the Kraft and Hellman's slop is not real mayo

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

gfanikf posted:

Syrian Security Force Follies posted by BM in the ME War thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2HRbEqzLk

Looks like they can't keep their soldiers in proper footwear, war never changes

Also the venom in the comments of pretty much every youtube vid on the conflict makes me wonder how after all this there's ever going to be reconciliation between the forces from both sides, or if it's just going to be purge after purge

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

DrCuntmuffins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQLrbfxeiQ

If you haven't seen it already.

Good lord these guys are awful at shooting. I mean holy poo poo.

Just start at 7:55, be sure not to miss the guy at 8:05 firing his AK sideways\

Also, Best Friends, agree, I imagine the guys actually on the scene have better things to do than comment on Youtube vids, but it mirrors the tone in some of the press propaganda coming from closer to the scene.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I'd say "serves 'em right, if they hadn't been such dickholes about playing in the first Afghanistan they'd have learned their lesson" but honestly they have a long record of stepping in it with Algeria, Indochine, half of their Subsaharan colonies etc etc

Pic for the pics thread:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
That is how 9/10ths of sub / antisubmarine training is conducted.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
We had a guy during a drill who was supposed to be simulating a close-in torpedo detonation (that would set off flooding, loss of steering hydraulics, several other minor casualties). When it came time for the torp to "hit", he keyed up the 1MC and unintentionally let loose with the most San Fransisco sissy stereotype "bewwwwmmm!" squeal you can possibly imagine. Instead of taking their immediate actions, people were dying laughing, and for a while there were running jokes about the special actions required when your hull was penetrated by the Gay Torpedo.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Drunk thread is one thing but for this thread you might want to NWS that

E: all you gotta do is change the IMG to a link and add :nws: I'm sure it was fine otherwise

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 14, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
My grandparents are traditional European Jews who stubbornly refuse to follow basic societal rules (more the Euro than the Jewish part) so when they went to Israel they kept parking in no parking zones and the Israelis would have that poo poo on a truck heading to an impound yard in the middle of the desert within minutes. Car must've been towed at least three times. My grandparents insist this was not their fault and Israelis are assholes.

My sister also spent a few weeks there and complained it was "too Jewish". I still want to go sometime if I get a chance before Iran nukes it.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

My point being, you could grill pork and play with guns on all kinds of better beach's anywhere in the world, and not have to deal with being in Israel of all places.

Much of Israel might be crap land but the beaches are top notch, man. Top notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Most of it seems pretty bone-standard scribbling but you have to admit the typeface they used for human being is quite intriguing

• Locked thread