Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world
lol at that. some martyr he is :rolleye: (the beginning text calls him a martyr)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Ahahahaha holy poo poo are they reduced to just completely fictionalizing stories at this point? There's no way that's real.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Syrian rebels shot down one of the regime's Su-22s yesterday with a MANPADS, and most of the action was caught on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXxAk6i1qLU

Judging by how many times the dude fires that launcher, I think it's safe to say that the rebels have achieved 80s music video-level weaponized editing technology.

Woulda been better with some sweet rear end post-edit lens flare or something. The text claims it was an IGLA.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

Speaking of MANPADS, this rather unusual example turned up in Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZgIZqAB7Ao

It appears to be a Chinese FN-6, which has no business being in Syria at all. I've put a bit more on my blog.

I didn't look at your blog but if you were curious that appears to be somewhere near Dayr Az Zawr/deir az zour as the tag is "Dayr Az Zawr / Dayr Az Zawr Media"

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

you know bloused boots don't look to bad if you have them bloused at the ankle.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Are you kidding? That's awesome. All you need is to sew a thong-piece on there and you have a pt uniform right there.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

"I can't wait to get to my unit, things will be different there!"

*gets to unit, up at 5 every day to clean the bathrooms*

*Gets told by older, disgruntled E-4 that their unit isn't the "real army." no units he goes to are ever the "real army."*

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

Trying to figure that out myself, there's bloody millions of these logos now, could be a FSA affiliated group, could be an independent group. If I had time I'd love to document all the different logos.

if you can get a good shot i can translate it real quicklike

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Are there still MPs in Penn Station? Last time I was there there were NG or Reservist MPs just standing around. They all had patrol caps, IBAs, M9s, and radios.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Wow there's another Bagram Batman on carrying your gat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0CwfvpgySo

This dude has it figured out tho:
Ajaarg el Ajaarg 2 hours ago
Why would a superhero that disavows guns be promoting gun use? This is stupid as hell, just like every dumb 18 year old who signs up to hunt brown people for Halliburton. OO RAY TOUCH DICKS IN THE SHOWER 9/11 NEVER FORGET

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Lol.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

ripped0ff posted:

If only he had bloused his boots. Thank God we had a CSM who cared enough to enforce uniform standards.

Probably has white socks on too.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

DoktorLoken posted:

The Army isn't making a new universal pattern; they're going to adopt 3 or 4 with those being desert, woodland, intermediate/transitional (basically like multicam) along with an optional OCIE specific pattern from the articles I've read. The one in that picture is the transitional apparently.

I'd lol if they chose 4 and multicam wasn't even one of them.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

It's funny how the Army conducts a bunch of studies, gets very clear guidance on what they should and shouldn't do from what I assume are experts in their fields, and then just say 'eh, nah, it's just not [the pattern we needed][a good test of heart][whatever other dumb poo poo]'

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

I hope the Army patents the pattern and throws gay little army box-stars in it so the AF has to develop their own pattern that looks exactly the same but with their stupid wing star thing. Then the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force can all have the same pattern but just slightly different and completely loving obnoxious.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

:laffo: oh gee how could i forget about that abortion. what a loving trainwreck.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Just issue everyone an OD and a tan flight suit and we can all shut the gently caress up.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

lol i just realized batman's rank is the batman thing. i thought it was just some faggy airman from pao v:v:v

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

i'd say it's fake based on id tags around the neck. who actually does that?

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Godholio posted:

Lots of folks. Our regs required us to fly with dogtags on our person even on training sorties...after a while you figure out that doesn't necessarily mean around your neck, but a lot of people did it on evals (easy to show you've got your req'd gear) or laziness.

weird man.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

You didn't fly with them? I mean even if just in your pocket, you're supposed to have them on you usually. I just got some of those silencer things and wore them around my neck all the time because I'm lazy as poo poo. Only time I'd think about them was before I'd go out somewhere.. I'd usually remember to take them off then. But I'm embarrassed to say I've gotten to the beach and realized I still had them on.

:sigh:

felt like a real douche

Never around my neck. Literally everyone I know, if they ever bring them anywhere, loops them around a belt loop and puts them in a pocket, or just leaves them in a bag. I almost never wear them though.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

That was a pretty depressing movie. I felt pretty loving bad for that Major.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Orthodox Jew? I thought they were exempted from military service.

While Chareidim and Chasidim (alternately rendered Haredim, Hassidim) are more or less exempt from military service, a great deal of both join the netzach yehuda battalion, an all male unit pretty much specifically designed for orthodox jewish guys to join up. you get an interesting mix up of the like modern orthodox zionist settler types (dati leumi) and then the more run of the mill orthodox guys. Also, orthodox jews have a very large representation in many of israel's special units.

benem posted:

The worst part is the fact that you know he got hosed over by all of the poo poo-grinning assholes that were in that briefing with the ambassador. "WELL MAJOR, MAYBE YOU SHOULD ADJUST THAT ATTITUDE AND BE MORE OF A TEAM PLAYER, OOHRAH?"

Yeah that poo poo was depressing. "Everything's great sir! It's all great!" and :lol: at the British guy who said "Well I don't think that is representative of what's going on here" re: the reporter's question. That expert analysis was based on what exactly? gently caress.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Cool little image I found, those are PBRs on the side of the big boat, and Ithink an H-34 on the deck.

Video of a Huey gunship clearing an LZ and a FAP. Voiceover by one of the crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBSJV0yHA8

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

I think these are both from the Battle of Hue. Sweet greasegun in the first pic:

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

acceptable times to watch kids shows as an adult: when you're watching it with your kids or never

between this guy and the fat kid, what the hell

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Caro, more military than Grover and IDR.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

who can forget this priceless usmc ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHm8MeNzadQ

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Still better than whoever thought Kid Rock would be a good fit for Army National Guard recruiting material.

Look he knows all about the flag code and everything!

chances are good that was a more effective recruiting tool than you think it was. for better or worse :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Baloogan posted:

I honestly don't see what he sees in the M113. I've talked to people who rode in it and trained in it and one thing I've really noticed is that everyone hated them.

They are also one of the ugliest pieces of military equipment I've ever seen.

pretty rad way to get your engineers into the enemy base for a quick capture and sell op, if you remember fighting the good fight in the early 90s

• Locked thread