Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bacarruda posted:

Holy poo poo. Apparently two of the guys lived into their eighties despite being nuked.

Test successful! :hist101:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

All their fancy gear, and they let the FBI go in after the guy. Good job.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

At least their fingers are off the triggers. But that EOtech... :wtf:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's not part of the EOtech, that's all I know. It's a separate piece that also has a rail on top.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Snowdens Secret posted:

And why is he dressed up like Destro

That's actually the most badass part of the whole thing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

And this, although about a year old now, is one of Iran's surviving Tomcats, looking at least decent externally, and apparently upgraded enough to merit a new suffix. The MIM-23 comment is interesting, though, because the last sources I remember reading about that said it'd been scrapped as too complex/not useful enough.

For what it's worth, the only source I can find for an F-14AM is photography blogs, so I'm guessing one of them made it up after the missile/fire-control patchwork done. If anyone has something reputable that explains this any further, I'd love to read it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's by far the spergiest thing I've ever seen about pants.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If he were a chemical attack victim I would expect either visible burns (they wouldn't have that sheet over a burned area) or at least some kind of breathing equipment.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Who is "they?"

Edit: V Fair enough. Mustard is pretty much my brain's go-to example whenever I think about them.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 20, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Requesting HDI's story about JSTARS vectoring F-16s on something unexpected.

Edited to remove the Shyamalan twist.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Wasn't a shim story.

And words hurt, ya know.

Maybe it was a word attack rather than CW.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

This is really your first time seeing SWAT wearing camo? I think camo is more popular than one solid color uniforms nowadays. ACU, MARPAT, multicam, woodland, everybody's wearing the poo poo and has been for a while now.

Let's be careful about calling ACUs camo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Madurai posted:

That's odd, I remember there used to waivers for anything, up to and including felony convictions.

They also used to need enough new high school kids to supply two wars.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's not the AT&T store (wrong direction), but I can't tell which of the next doors it is. It could be Levi's, or it could be the historical office in the middle.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

on-base lodging has witnessed so much beatiful young love

I vomited in and around a urinal at the Nellis Inn. I also locked my key in the room (before drinking) and slept in the 15pax van...which I had thrown up in the doorwell while we rolled up to the gate. :haw: No sex that night. :(

Pufflekins posted:

I know this is a joke but I always get a laugh out of people saying you'll never get a seal with facial hair. I've gone into a bunch of fires with a scba and a full beard.

FWIW the MCU2/P mask seals exactly where my goatee is. I also don't think that's a good enough reason, since we're not likely to be gassed at most locations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Sgt Chowdown must be the crew chief.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Derek Dominoe posted:

Is there something I'm missing in the silhouette? I just see 2 guns weapons. Is this a Facebook meme? Cause I don't use the Facebook. :corsair:

A lot of people have changed their profile pics to an equal sign in those colors because of the gay marriage cases at the Supreme Court this week. Now there are a bunch of spinoffs.

Like this :nws: one: :)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Chinatown posted:

So, one of those vs. a modern US/Korean F-16 variant.

Over/Under in minutes until being curbstomped.

Well, the F-16 can shoot before the MiG-21 will detect it on radar. So there's that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

He didn't have a choice, it ran out of gas.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Brown Moses posted:

Well I was going to take a job that required me to quit the blog, then a guy offered me £5000 to keep blogging, so I'm going to do a Kickstarter off the back of that.

Pledge $100 and get a genuine piece of UXO!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

He walked right up to it. Did you not watch the video?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Shooting left eye/right hand with a rifle seems awkward. Also, depth perception.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Probably a combat dining out or something back when sporadic fun was still allowed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you don't order the Bobby at Capriotti's in Vegas, you're doing Red Flag wrong. Be forewarned, the large is a 20" sandwich.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Had to look up The Bobbie. It sounds good up until the mayo part. Who the gently caress wants mayo on what is basically Thanksgiving dinner?

I thought the same thing, but it works.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I found Waldo.

Fake edit: It's weird to me that almost all stock E-3 photos are loving old. The ESM antennae (the "cheeks" are the easiest to notice, especially from tanker pictures) have been there for twenty loving years. Stop using pictures from pre-1995, internet!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I just picked a random one from my E-3 reference folder (scale modeler), which is not actually that big yet. The photoset was from Desert Storm.

Even on a GIS, 90% of the pics are "back in the day" it wasn't just you. Awesome pics by the way.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Granted I don't know much about France's actual involvement in Afghanistan, but a quick Google search tells me they spent 11 years and 88 lives fighting a war that they didn't have to. So what makes them dickholes?

Every French military person I've run across was more interested in US technology and capabilities than anything related to the war or exercise at hand. No, rear end in a top hat, I'm not going to explain our radar's anti-jam capabilities. That's my personal experience...I later heard a good one about the French antennae and dishes aimed at the US side of the base during Desert Storm at PSAB or something.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

FWIW I like the butt pic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So Palestinian incompetence is Israel's fault?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We should've delivered the Liberty in lieu of some of the hardware Israel actually purchased from us. "Oh, sorry, we misidentified the ship for something else."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Veins McGee posted:

Probably doesn't work as well when you're not on an island.

Encirclement and extermination. It's been done.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

To my knowledge not in recent history.

Fallujah got me thinking of old-school siege tactics, which reminded me of the crusades when a handful of cities were wiped out to a person.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

Actually the Khmer Rouge did this against a few cities/larger villages in the 70s that had put up resistance. Then the Vietnamese did it to the Khmer a few years later when they had holed up in a few villages.

poo poo, I actually did know a little about this one. Whoops.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Don't get too hot under the collar, Vas.

Fallom posted:

It's a shame he'll never become the head of a major corporation.

Seriously? You'll never get ahead in this forum if you rejoke 2 posts later.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Holy gently caress those sabers are long. Especially on that dude next to the end on the right.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That reminds me of the picture at the beginning of every security/survival/intel slideshow for SOUTHCOM: Behold, the FARC Chick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I think I'm going to develop a camo pattern for blending in with degenerate Irish Americans.

Got you covered.

• Locked thread