Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

BaconAndBullets posted:

Fort Bragg Range 47?

Sure looks like Bragg, not sure about 47 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Spotted in the wild

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Brown Moses posted:

This seems to be a good way to deal with snipers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zBOb3D9x8

SOP

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Richard Bong posted:

Has anyone actually seen one of these in the wild? I know a lot of disappointed Cav scouts that thought they would ride them because it was in the video the recruiter showed them.

Couple pages back but the company that made these, Hayes Diversified Technologies, supposedly went under a couple years back before they could produce a multifuel civilian version. Which sucks because I wanted one of these for backcountry use because it's crazy awesome; diesel bike that's near silent and goes like 500 miles on a tank at 90mph or something bizarre

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

The US4CES (pronounced US Forces hurrr) is pretty neat from a science standpoint because it incorporates fractals or some poo poo and confuses the eyes to make them think they are seeing background noise or some bullshit.

Regardless, that Kryptek crap doesn't belong anywhere outside of a video game and everyone who said keep multicam is correct. So naturally the Army will gently caress it up and chose that weird rear end watercolor pattern to match the BB&B living room

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

They issue green visors for aircrew along with the ballistic laser eyepro for ground guys

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

BaconAndBullets posted:

Ok, I just have to know what kind of pistol that is.

Ruger Mark II with a KAC 5.56 suppressor mounted on it. Shooter is Travis Haley, of the Blackwater Najaf video fame. IIRC he said that it was a joke pistol setup but with the aimpoint and paint scheme I don't get it.

sky shark fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 16, 2013

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

BaconAndBullets posted:

Those have three purposes:
1) It's cold as balls and you are either too stupid or denied the use of snivel and are wearing an IOTV or plate carrier.
2) To prevent riser burn when jumping.
3) Jacking up your collar so you look like a dumbass.

I cannot think of any other good reasons behind it.

Keeps dirt from going down your shirt when low crawling, same with hot brass. Also keeps your tender neck from getting chafed from slings or the leathery calloused grip of your battle buddy.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

hailthefish posted:

Why the gently caress don't they get used more? :iiam:

Edit: Well they probably don't get used because they're loud as gently caress, have even more obnoxious logistical requirements than just loading infantry in the trucks and humvees that are already around in huge numbers, don't offer appreciably more mobility over doing that, and the clusterfuck that is military procurement and defense contracts means they probably cost twice what they're actually worth.
The military hosed over the last company that tried to provide a cool scout bike:
http://guerrantwebworks.com/hdt/models.htm

And they wound up going under and then got sold to India. This thing was super awesome, able to go 90mph and was quiet as hell and ran on diesel. I really really really wanted one for riding out in the country.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Tremblay posted:

Have there been any updates on civilian sales or has all that been completely canceled. I'd buy the diesel one for sure.

It was sold to India a couple years back and they were supposed to develop them and bring them to market. I'm not holding my breath but if they do come out I'm buying one instantly.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

50 years from now, AC/DC and Motley Crue will still be used for unit made videos

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Derek Dominoe posted:

I'm on a phone and also am the furthest thing from an operator. What's weird about that pic other than the fact that (I think) he has an ordinary umbrella on his vest?

peep the scope

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPjatYDHJKo

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Haha wow

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Google image search seems to think it's a French submarine

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Blue force gear has the best display here at SHOT

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

VW blog got a great closeup...

We had a mini goonmeet next to it today for around 45 minutes. It's even more majestic in person.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

The liveleak version sure made it look like the driver got smoked.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

It looked like he was illuminated for a second and his arms had the strings cut. Whether he was lit by a muzzle flash or weaponlight, I don't know, but it looked like he died to me.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Slashrat posted:

I remember seeing a video or gif a while ago, showing the POV from a littlebird almost landing on top of two guys camped on the corner of a roof, then buzzing off again while giving the finger.

Anyone still got that?

Yeah that's from the Najaf firefight video

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Thump! posted:

Where'd that guy on the right get the man-portable mini gun? Didn't think those were in regular issue yet.

They aren't. That was probably pulled off one of the vehicles for the picture. It takes massive electrical power to run one of those.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Derek Dominoe posted:

Jesse had better not talk about his opinions on Nazis or he may not make it off that porch.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

They're peaking inside, alright

Would've had exactly zero surprise to find it was a TFR goon selling these

http://www.refactortactical.com/ultimate-motivational-t-shirt/

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

I don't remember if there is a vendor for these in the states or not. I remember seeing a bunch of people discussing this on another site when they came out. Another video showed dudes cooking on the shovel surface which was :barf: because I don't see them using non-toxic coatings on these things but who knows.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

HelpImARock3 posted:

Helmet's pretty high speed....wish Gentex would make us a carbon fiber time and space bending helmet :smith:

Crye Precision's airframe uses CF in the inner and outer shell, just not super high speed looking like this because it doesn't use in helmet hud

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

http://youtu.be/jBEFBixO1ck?t=48s

Look at all those wide open spaces to fire rockets from, conveniently located less than 500 meters from where the Israelis bombed.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Thump! posted:

Also conveniently lacking any sort of cover or concealment from the drones and Apaches watching those open spaces.

Also conveniently lacking civilians to turn into media friendly corpses

The point I was making that the common d&d talking point is that they can't fire from open areas because Gaza is the most "densely populated area" 'don't tell terrists not human shield teach Israel not genocide!' garbage while videos like this inadvertently show otherwise

sky shark fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 4, 2014

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Former delta guys are all over the training industry now. Off the top of my head, Vickers, Howe, Pannone, Satterly, McNamara and Holland are all former Delta and there's a slew of other guys that are former SF, etc. Travis Haley is Marine Recon, etc.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

8lbsofanalsex posted:

People in the "minority issues in gaming" thread were greatly disturbed by that level due to it's connection to that video and the real thing and worst of all that the crew seemed to almost be enjoying it. So in case you needed more reasons to like that level and AC-130s in general, there is another one.

I would drop $75 tomorrow for a COD that was entirely AC-130 missions and drone strikes replete with snarky dialog asking for clearance to engage the guy raping a goat.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

i don't even have an xbox one and i'd buy one, xbox live and all sorts of wireless bullshit so i could be dropping 105 into crowded areas

Press X for your court martial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

BaconAndBullets posted:

Not too often thankfully I only heard of a handful during my time in the 82nd, but earlier this year Shaina Shmigel bought the farm due to a mis-routed static line.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/fort-bragg-paratrooper-who-died-in-airborne-training-accident-was-using-newer-parachute-1.286789

From talking to an officer privy to the investigation it was due to the static line being routed underneath the Main Curved Pin instead of over top. That caused a hang up upon exit which slit her throat and caused her head to get stuck behind the risers, which on landing broke her neck. On the plus side they learned from her death and now before jumps everybody's Main Curved Pin and static line are inspected by both a rigger and a jump master.
Safety first! She should have properly hydrated and double times off the drop zone to see the dzso team for Motrin. Hope they gave her corpse an article 15 as they carried it off the dz, loving malingerer /airborne

• Locked thread