Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The sniper video has them beat. That was one lucky motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Because STG 44s are metal as gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

OBi posted:

Pretty spooky POV from a Syrian street engagement. (Nothing happens until 00:45ish)

:stare:

This conflict has produced some of the scariest and most entertaining videos. Fuckin' T-55 out of nowhere.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

grover posted:

And this is a relatively poorly trained and equipped force, too. Imagine how terrifying it must be to face down the US military :stare:

If they have time to be scared. "Hey guys, do you hear that buzzing noise? Is that an airpl..."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

We need the specops thread back.

We've got like...1 guy in the Q course and he hasn't posted in a while because he's probably in the training pipe or doing secret squirrel stuff. So why?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

There was a whole "genre" of trench art that sprung up during WW1 using battlefield materials; I've got a photo of one from a history class a few semesters back, I'll see if I can find it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trench_art

A round or two may have been fired at the Somme.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Only one Allahu Akbar? I'm dissapointed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"We're gonna throw science at the wall and see what sticks."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What is it with non-mil and ACUs? If the mandarin collar isn't up, they tuck in the blouse like a retard.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The goat peeking around the back really makes that photo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well, that was fast. Not really sure what message the image creator was going for. Shoot the gays? Equality through violence? Who the gently caress knows, it's late and I'm tired.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pkells posted:

I don't know but she seemed to catch the eye of Dear Leader...

He does look hungry.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Highway to the Juche Zone!

EBB fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 31, 2013

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

The comments are amazing.

CNN comments are always hilariously bad.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

I've posted here asking for help with the fund-raising if anyone has ideas or suggestions.

Meanwhile have a video of a child soldier from Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKSSbC5pUQc

Later videos show him dead.

:stare:

That's hosed up. Is there a translation for the video?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

I can't believe how loving hard I laughed at the attackers "hand and arm signal" when he runs back to his buddies.

I'm :lol:ing that he just walked up and tossed whatever that was down the gun tube. That's some Looney Tunes poo poo right there.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What he said. You can't see poo poo when you're buttoned up, and you're definitely not going to see a guy sneaking up below the limits of the sights. Drive might catch it if it's at a certain angle and he's not asleep.

Wasabi the J posted:

I wonder what a defensive "blind shot" would do if you saw that guy and shot a round in his direction.

I know tanks are loud as gently caress, I could only imagine that the effect from the front would be described as "debilitating".

Dead or severely hosed up from burning propellant and overpressure. You really, really don't want to be that close to the gun tube when it fires. T-72 firing for example:

Guy would be toast.

EBB fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 2, 2013

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Arishtat posted:

The commander's hatch is on the far side of the turret in the video and neither the commander's telescopic sight (if he even had one) nor his vision blocks (periscopes) would have allowed him to see the guy approaching the tank. As for how it exploded I'd guess that the fighter got incredibly lucky and caught the tank in the middle of the reloading cycle with the breech open or not fully locked with an incendiary grenade. That doesn't really make sense to me, but the Soviets had different ideas about crew safety than the US or NATO tank designers did.

Doesn't matter for either platform, breech closed or not. A grenade going down the tube would detonate the propellant and ruin the crew's day. Only difference is the Abrams having blowout panels to offset round cookoff, and that wouldn't factor in if the explosion hit the crew compartment before round storage.

And drat I'm glad we don't have an autoloader, poo poo is claustrophobic enough as it is.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Phanatic posted:

There's more fill in the 120mm shell than there is in the grenade, even if the grenade blast does cook off the loaded round (which I think is unlikely), okay, your loaded round just went off. The chamber pressure's not going to be significantly higher than the round just firing normally. Yeah, the grenade detonates, but it's relatively unconfined, the breech block has to deal with pressures higher than that every time it fires. If the grenade managed to set off the explosive fill in a loaded HEAT round, okay, bad news, but that's shock-insensitive stuff otherwise you'd be crossing your fingers every time you fired it.

You're no fun.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That looks like somebody put a few TOWs on a dumpster.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Space Jam posted:

Jesus, what is it with you guys and penises?

Because dick is great. So great that we wrote a book about it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

A book with pictures!

We don't have a great track record regarding the literacy of enlistedmen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Had to look up The Bobbie. It sounds good up until the mayo part. Who the gently caress wants mayo on what is basically Thanksgiving dinner?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Repost from TFR of the worst BMD driver ever. Some dumbass not realizing that braking a tracked vehicle is a bit different from braking a wheeled vehicle.

Or the driver just really, really hated the TC.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

whatmartelloactuallydoesinhisoffice.jpg

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dick Art is always relevant.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Abe Lincoln reincarnated and went to Rhodesia.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shorts, FAL, and equipment that would be available during that conflict. That's why I said Rhodesia.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ikarus posted:

That SgtMaj is about to lose his godamned mind. Those eyes.

"LT, you better hope that pistol NDs before my hands reach your neck."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can't tell if he's sweating or pissed himself.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd call an Archer patch pretty loving awesome.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Top of that shed looks like a not so great place to be.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

Hey, it worked out all right at Kent State, didn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWXIU0emLvU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's...not very useful.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

For some reason I was reminded of this classic today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9f8PnENm0

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

JSARSOM posted:

What purpose do E9s serve?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It looks like tie-dye and vomit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Holy hell me too. Sure they were bi-planes, but shooting down two with an AK-47 is pretty badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What happened to the LT?

• Locked thread