Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Brown Moses posted:

The worst video, which I won't post here, shows a motorcycle that was hit by a bomblet, the rider of which was decapitated in such a way that it degloved the skin on his neck, left his head in one piece, and resulted in what looked like a macabre sockpuppet being held up to the camera.

You can't say that then not post a NWS/NMS link. That flies in the face of the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I expected worse :/

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
15 feet is a pretty safe distance!!!

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Haha holy poo poo, I thought the body looked like it was fiberglass in the tiny pic, but the big picture definitely confirms its fiberglass or something similar.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope you acted, because thats cool as gently caress.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That ain't right.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Stultus Maximus posted:

Boy won't HE feel stupid when he dies in a gas attack.

I know this is a joke but I always get a laugh out of people saying you'll never get a seal with facial hair. I've gone into a bunch of fires with a scba and a full beard.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

WP CURES PALESTINE posted:

So many british army acronyms, it hurts!

There's 2 acronyms and they're fairly universal...

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Blame Germany for that one.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Thats deffo a Russian uniform

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Eastern Europe, all the same thing, all Russia.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

"Upon the unit's return from deployment on Kelly hill Fort Benning ,this what they came to find when they returned from block leave."

Which one of you jokers did this

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like there might be a dick to the left of the one that says friend of the family. It's either a poorly drawn cock or a poorly drawn graffiti tag.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Bosch posted:

Does that top right one say 'Bfag'? What the gently caress does that even mean?

Obviously it means that they b fags.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Chem lights are used to mark aiming posts and distant aiming points in the arty world, but those all look to be the same colour so who the gently caress knows.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Victor Vermis posted:

:smug: Mortarmen been using these for a while..

Same color or not, there's a lot of uses for chem lights- particularly IR chem lights- for a regular infantry squad on foot.

Ya those are fine and dandy but you still need a distant aiming point in case your aiming post w/ the trilux lights falls over or something.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's because you aren't a complete whackjob.

Everyone listen to this opinion because he is a trained soldier who has used the M113

That being said everyone I know who's working in a CP version of the M113 has had nothing but good things to say about it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
so what caught on fire?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
how the gently caress is that guy in the army?

edit: we had a 400 pound medic. he was so fat that he snored no matter which way he laid down to sleep.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Vasudus posted:

Nattyg + surge.

you'd think there would be some standards

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Y'all are wrong, this is the coolest looking plane.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wasabi the J posted:

I'd just be happy if we were pushing for deep sea exploration. We don't know poo poo about the ocean, in the big scheme of things.

I agree w/ this 100%. Space is cool and all but lets find out what's in the oceans first.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sick meme bro

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's beautiful how precise those fuckers are. If they can find a way to drop the price to about 10k a round instead of ~50k, people will be less hesitant to call in danger close missions.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rude. posted:

120mm GPS guided mortars do a fine job too, and are more portable than a paladin or triple 7. Nice boom too.

Link to any videos? I realize that they are GPS guided but an accurate mortar is something that seems strange.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh god, the chuck norris jokes are coming

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

grover posted:

Actually, the photo here was the first stage in a structured testing process. Both aircraft are more than capable of flying forward at normal aircraft speed, but there's some concern that the wake turbulence of an MV-22 would cause buffeting, so they started the tests at low speeds. (From what I hear, the buffeting wasn't the issue it was feared to be.) Nobody is ever going to be refueling an F-35B in hover during normal fleet operations. But considering the short legs of the F-35B, the ability to refuel organically will greatly extend the operational range of LHA/LHD-based aircraft.

:goonsay:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ghost bones posted:

also massive advantage in crashability and crew murder

You win some, you lose some.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol motherfucker, you can't even keep one woman let alone a hot one.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I just can't help but feel bad for the fuckers who have to clean those LAVs up.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
she looks like she's havin a bit of trouble holding it, or is trying some awkward sexy pose.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

grover posted:

occam's razor is that it's Guam.

when someone asks what the name of a place is, correct or incorrect, all of the answers are simple.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Flaky posted:

I think the thing with copper lined hulls was from the 1700s, when the alternative was wooden hulls.

They still had wooden hulls. There was just copper sheathing attached to it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a video from a field exercise from my old battery that I narrowly avoided because I was finishing up my release stuff. It shows what a 105mm and 155mm round does to hardened steel.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150597303587117

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

evil_bunnY posted:

Shooting HE at non-hardened steel demonstrates pretty much nothing. Pretty sparks doe.

You retarded? The first one was 105mm at non-hardened steel and it puts a couple dents into it. The 155mm was shot at hardened steel and did significant damage.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

All that video demonstrated was the fact that if your arty crews had to direct fire against advancing armor, they're totally hosed.

Ya the det commander on that gun is really good with the technical aspect of artillery, however 100% awful with the practical side. He was in charge of the CP for the longest time and as soon as they gave him a gun it slowed down both the gunline and the CP. What I'm saying is the dude never should have been given his own gun. But the CF was just following military protocol, always put the right man in the wrong job.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Keep calm and whatever on is one of the worst things to come out of the UK. It's up there with jedward.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wasabi the J posted:

because i can't afford the ammo, will you buy me some?

I'm sure you got something sharp around, wrists then neck.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wasabi the J posted:

Also: re: goatfucker reply i was referencing that thread from way back where that officer ordered a hellfire on two dudes blowing each other. Is that thread archived?

Doesn't make what Shim said any less true. At all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Obama Africanus posted:

You've seen how Charlie drives, how well do you think Charlie flies?

Yea the Japanese had a big problem with safe landings.

• Locked thread