Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

OBi posted:

Speaking of weird things mounted on guns: Check this out. I mean, I get the scope I guess, that's fine. But why a mirror?

Got a buddy who's a gunsmith so I tossed him that question and his response was "poor man's camo". I think I 'd want more mirrors than just that if I was trying for cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

McSpatula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSjr24zl85o

Holy poo poo, this is really a thing.. please tell me they don't play this on AFN.

That reflective belt ain't gonna save your rear end with your janky sized earphones fucknuts

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Wouldn't mind dropping the dough to use them on people who park like assholes at work. Every time somebody parks too close to my driver's side, I end up thinking about how satisfying it would be to key them but how huge of a dick move that would be. Stickers would be funnier anyways.

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/39481799/sticker-single_sticker

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

I guess this is a good enough time to ask as any other. There's gonna be a lotta words here so if I'm one of those posters you just kinda roll your eyes at, move on.

So what if he was posting pics that weren't of him? It's not like if I give him the benefit of the doubt online that if he's lying I'm going to be affected in any way. Oh no, I gave a person on the internet a chance to be honest and they lied, ugh now I don't look cool? Is that it? I've never understood it. This has always been a big sticking point with me. I believe a person should be given enough rope to hang themselves with, AKA trust someone until they prove otherwise. If I give someone the benefit of the doubt, and then it turns out that they were lying, I think it makes them look like the rear end in a top hat, not me for giving someone a chance to be honest.

If he were a person at my front door selling me "magazine subscriptions", or I was in a different web forum like GBS or Reddit or something, yeah it would be different. But this isn't a time or place where I'm going to lose money- or really anything- by going "huh well all right, that's kinda cool". If he keeps posting pictures like this and he was lying, eventually something will probably give and he'll be found out, at which time I think a rational response would be "drat man what a loving loser". But let's say that he was lying, posted lots of pics, and not discovered ever. He slips away, "getting away with it". What's the effect on me? I got to see a bunch of pictures of people with guns and my life hasn't changed one bit from it.

I guess I just don't see the logic behind "hey someone said/posted something online, they're lying by default". IMO if that's a person's initial reaction, I see that as a person who's allowed assholes to train them to have a negative conditioned response to everyone, and that just seems hosed up.

BTW pretty cool pics man

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Aw poo poo I talked about my feelings, never gonna live this down

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

I just wanna see cool mil photos :ohdear:

I know it's been posted plenty before, but still one of my favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Spot the Vining.

• Locked thread