Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Like your style and pacing in this LP. Looking forward to more.

One thing about these games that annoyed me would be the way spawning works. Its annoying if you take too many objectives too fast the last one or two will have swarms of new recruits around them next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

Kangra posted:

In fact (and this a somewhat unusual choice), the AI in PGF will never replace lost air units

This makes sense from a gameplay example, since unexperienced air units will just be target practice for your core fighters. Better to us AA units at that point.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
An excellent defense. I am really enjoying this LP and even though I played through allied general a few times I never learned much about what exactly generates prestige, so this very informative. I look forward to your next update.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

Banemaster posted:

Inspired by this LP, I downloaded the game and started playing. I played few missions and began wonder why / how AI buys massive swarms each turn.

Then I noticed that the game had defaulted to the highest difficulty. Whose great idea was that?

:suicide:

I think the revamped AI is more tenacious in building a "roadblock" style army. See earlier the thread about the difficulty in the first mission in Panzer General Forever.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Mersa El Brega

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

Kangra posted:

(b)Upgrade just some of the tanks. Use core expansion to add new models in favor of other unit types (this means fewer new air units this year).

Armored forces make a logical and powerful core.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
(a)Keep a small number of infantry and work their experience higher. Upgrade later, probably to Engineers. Go for other units (probably artillery & air power) in the core to protect them.

Masses of infantry will just weaken the core over all, a few crack units for city fighting should do. No need for an ANZAC unit, just rename one or two units.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
I'm really enjoying watching the Soviet campaign unfold, I never had the time or patience to play through the harder and larger scale campaigns when I played allied general as a teenager.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
You can really see how they upgraded the AI here.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

Kangra posted:

We finally can see what the German ship is (assuming that's the only one). It's a battleship. I don't know if the 'Bk' is meant to signify 'Bismarck class' or not. Our own Battleships just say 'Battleship', and they're identical to the Axis one in stats.

I forgot how dumb the naval aspect of this game is. Then again this is true of many war games that do not focus on naval warfare. Super subs killing battle fleets and Bismark class battleships in the med, goodness. Guess it was too much effort to throw in a Italian ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
I remember playing this for the first time and encountering Tigers and wondering how the heck your suppose to deal with them.

I was a little dim to not use all resources (air, art and tank killers)

• Locked thread