Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

TyChan posted:

For me, part of my suspicions are based on the fact that he stuck around Santos in the first place instead of making the jump already. Then again, admittedly, that could all be due to whatever convoluted contract ownership situation the guy is in right now.

Also, the arrogant way he has been conducting himself at Brazil (like getting the manager fired) makes me wonder how he'll mentally react when he's dealing with other superstars and playing regularly against more physically challenging defenders who will be out to get him and don't have a cultural mindset preventing them from getting vicious. (Is that a "cold night at Stoke" argument?)

It's definitely not a skill thing and a lot of my "gripes" with him aren't exactly his fault. I just wonder about his attitude and whether he can deal with being at a club where he's not the king. If he ends up having a career like, say, Riquelme, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

He's 20 years old, staying home and at Santos is not a knock against him. More than most countries I think if you're starting, playing well/scoring goals on Brazil's national team you're probably a pretty good talent that can go just about anywhere, league-wise. I would not make this same argument for someone playing on the USMNT for example.

I really think the biggest reason he hasn't left Brazil yet is because he's owned by like 50 different people/companies and it's going to cost like 40mil+ and that really limits the amount of teams that will even bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread