Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

They surely can't all go on to have glorious world-beating careers in the game, but I'm really excited by how many young players we have getting a lot of first team action at Liverpool right now. Sterling is obviously the most prominent example, but Suso, Allen, Shelvey, Wisdom, Kelly before his injury and even Borini (based more on his time at Roma than his time with us yet) are all looking good and getting game time. Add to that the younger and/or still unproven guys like Robinson, Flanagan, Morgan and Yesil and we've got a really good crop of youngsters coming through. Plus of course the 'have potential but who the hell knows what is going on' guys like Wilson and Coates.

Even if none of these players turn out to be all-time greats, I still expect many of them will turn out at least decent, and right now it's exciting and adds a really fun dimension to watching the team as a fan.

Totally agree, it seems like our academy/scouts are finally producing great talents again. In a few years we might have a great crop in the same calibre as Carra/Gerrard/Owen etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Considering most of our under-21s are either in first team squad or on loan I'm glad we're doing pretty well.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

the sex ghost posted:

The England Under-21s squad for the Euros has been announced:

Good to see McManaman get a chance to do some tasty dribbles on the international stage, and also good to see that future Norwich superstar Thomas 'The Tank' Lees keeps his place, even if Pearce loves inexplicably playing him in midfield like he did with Michael Mancienne. No call up for literal best left-back in England Sam Byram though. Not sure why Connor Wickham (2 goals in 18 games this season) is going but there you go.

Not quite sure why Jordan Henderson is still in the squad. I know he is/has been the captain, but a) he's 22 now and b) he should be in the senior side :colbert:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Modus Trollens posted:

thats the exact attitude which makes our national team development utter shite. Germany and Spain keep the players playing/winning together at a youth level instead of riding the pine on the senior team.

That still doesn't answer the question of why a 22 year old can be chosen for an under-21 squad

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ah fair enough then. I still think he should be in the senior squad but I guess we don't have any important games in the summer.

• Locked thread