Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Time just doesn't work the same way on The ZΣr0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
By the way - am I the only one who found episode 2 a bit annoying? I'm a completionist, and it felt like it was damned near impossible to be one without consulting a guide that lists all the stuff you can see in some exact order. I'm not talking about "collect all the feathers/flags/Riddler whatevers" but actual stuff to see and enjoy.

I haven't played 3 yet since I'm waiting for either 5 to ship or the devs to finally say "welp" since I'd already forgotten most of 1 & 2 when 3 shipped.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

monster on a stick posted:

By the way - am I the only one who found episode 2 a bit annoying? I'm a completionist, and it felt like it was damned near impossible to be one without consulting a guide that lists all the stuff you can see in some exact order. I'm not talking about "collect all the feathers/flags/Riddler whatevers" but actual stuff to see and enjoy.

I haven't played 3 yet since I'm waiting for either 5 to ship or the devs to finally say "welp" since I'd already forgotten most of 1 & 2 when 3 shipped.

You could just rush through I and II again; neither of them are terribly long. I honestly think III is the best Act so far. And if you're honestly waiting till Act V ships, you may have quite a wait ahead of you...

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I wonder if, if and when Act V comes out, anyone will lose any bets over it. Have there been any Toxxes on the SA Forums about it?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Given the quality of what's come out so far, I'm fine with waiting. I've already gotten my money's worth from the game, and if they tried to rush it it'd come out on time but be a giant pile of poo poo. Would be nice to get Ep IV before the one-year mark with III, but I'll deal.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
As episodic adventure games go KRZ still has nothing on The Dream Machine when it comes to taking a while to come out. KRZ is fantastic and Dream Machine is real good too so its worth waiting for them. (Though at least I just have to wait for the last episode of Dream Machine.)

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
God drat it, a huge patch just dropped and I thought it was Ep IV downloading. :argh:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Philip J Fry posted:

God drat it, a huge patch just dropped and I thought it was Ep IV downloading. :argh:

There was at least one Act III bug that went unpatched for aaaaages.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

The auction+event tomorrow will be streamed live at http://now.kentuckyroutezero.com/ - Saturday 8pm CST!

From that website:

quote:

Saturday, March 21, $5 | Doors open from 5-10 pm | Program and Live Auction starts at 7 pm | The Nightingale Cinema, 1084 N Milwaukee, Chicago, IL

Remote bidding will be available. At 8pm CST on Saturday March 21st, please dial 712.775.7031 and enter Meeting ID 783617705.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Phone (and accompanying letters describing its provenance (and pre-letter describing the letters)) sold for $350.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
i got a thing today

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i got a thing today

I want to live in your house.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Haha holy poo poo. It just calls the one number, right? Or is that the other phone? Does this one have any special powers, etc?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
just one number, ive not had time to really explore it. the kr0 subreddit has some extensions and stuff to try

I wonder if it will ring sometime after i hang up like the software version

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 26, 2015

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
How's the humming noise?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i got a thing today

gently caress you and your rad phone and living space.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
A new KRZ newsletter! :buddy:

quote:

Our biggest occupation has obviously been working on Act IV. We're happy with the direction it's taking, but it has been a longer road than we anticipated.

Sigh :smith:

Also they are working on gamepad support for reasons?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

A new KRZ newsletter! :buddy:

Sigh :smith:

Also they are working on gamepad support for reasons?
They added gamepad support a while back.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

A new KRZ newsletter! :buddy:Also they are working on gamepad support for reasons?

Valve is really pushing in that direction for Steam, so it makes sense to at least make it not suck.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Welp Ill just shut my mouth then.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 22, 2015

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Telltale is a huge company with over 200 employees who have been making games for almost a decade using an established formula and building on an existing engine.

KRZ is made by a two man team (plus a single musician) who I'm 90% sure have day jobs. They're making an experimental, ground-breaking game from the ground up and while its rightly revered by the gaming press and fans it sells a fraction of what a Telltale game do these days.

The wait between episodes has been torturous but it's been worth it every time.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Dreadwroth posted:

Im a bit disappointed in how long it takes them to produce content, it should not take nearly this long.
They make Telltale look downright speedy in comparison.
Please go on about your unique ability to know exactly how long it should take people to make something. I'm sure you've acquired this experience first-hand, by making something as incredible as KR0, because I can't imagine any other way of somehow just knowing how long it ought to take the devs to do what they do.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Edit: Nothing to see here...

choobs fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 17, 2015

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This phone just started ringing wtf.

edit: I was about to post photos and was trying to figure out how to record audio from a handset and i just got super spooked. now I'm listening to hold music

edit2: that was uneventful. here are some pics of the documentation included with the phone. If anyone has recommendations for recording audio from a handset to something like an iPhone, let me know. the induction pickup up suction thing you put on the back of the handset didn't work.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 28, 2015

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I just want to say that I'm really glad that the person with the phone ended up being a Goon posting in this thread. Keep us informed!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Between Acts I and II: 144 days
Between Acts II and III: 340 days
Between Acts III and IV: 359 days and counting

The devs seem to have shown a fairly good attitude about this. They've acknowledged the issues, of course, and they've gotten at least one angry @-message about it on Twitter but haven't replied to any of them, which is good. That way drama lies. But then again, they might be understating the delays a little.

And I've asked this before, but has anyone anywhere made any bets or Toxxes about KRZ ever being finished?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 30, 2015

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I could wait a few years between acts, no problem. There are other things to do in life than play KR0. There's no hurry!

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I could wait a few years between acts, no problem. There are other things to do in life than play KR0. There's no hurry!

I don't mind replaying it every time there's a new act; the game is complex enough that I find new things every time I play it.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
It's been almost 1 year to the date since Act III has been released. Act IV should be coming soon. Right?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Music Theory posted:

I don't mind replaying it every time there's a new act; the game is complex enough that I find new things every time I play it.
This is how I play it. It's almost like playing a new game every time, my memory is so terrible.

Did anyone back the Kickstarter for this? Some of those physical rewards would be like museum pieces (in a good way) by now, given what the game's shaped into. Assuming all the physical rewards have come out, that is. I didn't know Kickstarter was a thing way back in 2011 though, hard to believe that's where this whole trip started.

• Locked thread