Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

monster on a stick posted:

Still no word on a release date for chapter 3 - one of their tweets said that they wouldn't be releasing screenshots this time, saying it "bugged people last time" but with the delays, it may be nice to show that they have made some progress.
It's good to see that they actually directly responded to an accusation that they've simply cut-and-run. It was starting to feel like the Duke Nukem of Hazzard.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
According to this:

"don't expect them to take as long for a couple reasons, primarily that we're hoping to improve our process in the next cycle."

Thank god. And according to this:

"nope, we're not short on money. just putting a lot of time into this one."

Thank god. I really hope this never turns into another Broken Age.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

One guy on Twitter has gone insane and pledged to buy 100 gift copies of the game if Act 3 is released this month. That's $2499 to the devs and Valve.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

JaysonAych posted:

That's all well and good, but I'm hoping they have some sort of internal framework and time-based goal for getting things completed. If they're just letting things grow organically, they could keep adding and adding forever. It's one thing to miss a deadline because what you have is broken or because there are flaws in the story or other aspects, but to keep pushing things back just because there was another cool idea you wanted to add could let the project get away from them.

I keep thinking of that "6 Days to Air" South Park documentary, where Trey Parker said he could work on the episode another two weeks and really flesh things out, but it would probably only make it 5% better.

You can always tell them via email.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Act III took almost a full year to come out. Time to start timing Act IV.

The best thing the devs could do it to make it clear that this isn't very awesome. Maybe something crazy like, "If either Act IV or V takes longer to come out than Act III did, will will permanently reduce the game's price. If they both do, we'll reduce it twice. If IV takes longer and V somehow takes longer still, we will permanently release the game as freeware because honestly, if it comes to that, gently caress us."

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

NorthByNorthwest posted:

Some speculation:
Debt is linked to the skeletons. I'm realizing now that Weaver might have gone to them to help pay off her college loans.

Wasn't that also shown in The Entertainment?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

ymgve posted:

Well gently caress. Seems like you can get irreversibly stuck if you go to the Self Storage in Act 3. There's really no reason to go there as far as I can tell, so you can probably completely avoid it.

This has been patched.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

John Liver posted:

* May have been present during emotionally difficult events

How lemony. I snickered. Very fine discourse.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Sorry for the doublepost, but there was a bug in Act III that they took ages to fix, if they ever did. Have they fixed it yet?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

From Twitter:

"Will Act IV come out before the end of May 2015?"

"still not doing any release date forecasting, sorry! but we're hard at work & hope you'll feel it worth the wait."

"Can't even confirm it will not take as long as Act III?! :-("

"we hope not but, frankly, it will if it needs to. this process takes weird turns sometimes & we wouldn't have it otherwise."

WELP. (throws several banjos into the air and walks away)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I wonder if, if and when Act V comes out, anyone will lose any bets over it. Have there been any Toxxes on the SA Forums about it?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Philip J Fry posted:

God drat it, a huge patch just dropped and I thought it was Ep IV downloading. :argh:

There was at least one Act III bug that went unpatched for aaaaages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Between Acts I and II: 144 days
Between Acts II and III: 340 days
Between Acts III and IV: 359 days and counting

The devs seem to have shown a fairly good attitude about this. They've acknowledged the issues, of course, and they've gotten at least one angry @-message about it on Twitter but haven't replied to any of them, which is good. That way drama lies. But then again, they might be understating the delays a little.

And I've asked this before, but has anyone anywhere made any bets or Toxxes about KRZ ever being finished?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 30, 2015

• Locked thread