Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Not the only other person. I just downloaded it but haven't got into it yet. As for fanfare, it is on Rock, Paper, Shotgun today, but you're right that there wasn't much pre-hype. I only knew about it because I've had my eye on Cardboard Computer since Balloon Diaspora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

loving Paypal.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Dominic White posted:

They really should have gone with the Humble Store. Word is they only take a 5% cut, and handle all the payment processing problems, run the download servers, and generally make things very streamlined. They also take Paypal, Google checkout and Amazon as payment options.

The PA Report did an article about it. I'd honestly point any indie dev who doesn't already have a serious distribution partner worked out to look that way.

They said they're going to try to get a third party solution to allow Paypal payments, my guess (and hope) is they'll go with Humble Store. They probably should have from the get-go given how awful Paypal has been to indie devs.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Totally

Also, Rock Paper Shotgun interviewed Cardboard Computer about KRZ. MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Call me thick, but I didn't realize that Emily, Bob and Ben from Limits and Demonstrations appear in KRZ until I read the newsletter I just got from Cardboard Computer. They're the game players in the basement of Equus Oils. And also the band.

e: Since they've got Humble Store purchasing up and running now (allowing you to use Paypal again, and also Amazon and Google payments) I asked them if Paypal was still holding their money hostage- if you bought KRZ early with Paypal you'll be happy to know that they've got your money now.

Glimpse fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 18, 2013

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

I looked up how to do that and just tried it. That doesn't seem to help unfortunately. In fact as soon as I went to the map, I got this:

Sorry it's a phone pic, but prntscrn doesn't seem to work inside the game. But you can see how it gets some weird layers and text gets all cut off. The game WILL display normally, filling the screen etc. but most of the time not... and if it does, the whole screen won't refresh.

It would help if the problem I'm having has a name? That would help me look it up. Sorry, I don't really know anything about PC game problems, I'm an xbox person mostly.

Not sure what you'd call that, but the picture is worth a thousand words. I would contact the developer, and send them that pic. They're on Twitter, @cardboardcompy, or email them at cardboardcomputer@gmail.com.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

The second Double Fine kickstarter was for Broken Chalice, and if you may recall, it completed less than a week before the announcement about Broken Age having too much money and that it would be split in two parts, resulting in a lot of nerd rage on the Internet and accusations that Tim Schafer waited until the BC kickstarter ended to avoid jeopardizing it, that some of the BC money would be used by BA, etc.

Note that aforementioned nerd rage doesn't apply to me because I really don't care for DF games :v:

Massive Chalice, not broken.

The second half of Broken Age will supposedly be free to people who bought part 1. They didn't run out of money, just time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

A new KRZ newsletter! :buddy:Also they are working on gamepad support for reasons?

Valve is really pushing in that direction for Steam, so it makes sense to at least make it not suck.

• Locked thread