Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
So - did anyone else find the underground spaces in chapter 2 overly disorienting? It reminded me a bit too much of the "twisty little passages all alike" from my text adventure days, which honestly I didn't miss all that much. This is something that bugged me a bit about chapter 1 as well - the reward is not just in following the plot but in exploration, but tracing all the roads/spaces gets to be tedious.

Still no word on a release date for chapter 3 - one of their tweets said that they wouldn't be releasing screenshots this time, saying it "bugged people last time" but with the delays, it may be nice to show that they have made some progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

BiggerJ posted:

According to this:

"don't expect them to take as long for a couple reasons, primarily that we're hoping to improve our process in the next cycle."

Thank god. And according to this:

"nope, we're not short on money. just putting a lot of time into this one."

Thank god. I really hope this never turns into another Broken Age.

Both could just be standard things you say when people are concerned that there will continue to be 8+ months between episodes and that they're going to run out of money if they are still going to be making this game in 2016. Broken Age was "everything is fine" until that second Kickstarter ended.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

What second Broken Age kickstarter? They only ever had the one. They were also quite frank about their money needs in the documentary episodes.

The second Double Fine kickstarter was for Broken Chalice, and if you may recall, it completed less than a week before the announcement about Broken Age having too much money and that it would be split in two parts, resulting in a lot of nerd rage on the Internet and accusations that Tim Schafer waited until the BC kickstarter ended to avoid jeopardizing it, that some of the BC money would be used by BA, etc.

Note that aforementioned nerd rage doesn't apply to me because I really don't care for DF games :v:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

BiggerJ posted:

You can always tell them via email.

I suspect they've already been told, thus the email that says we should keep waiting because the next episode will be bigger and worth it. Which may be true but that is boilerplate from any game company as to why they are behind schedule, see everything from Broken Age to Duke Nukem Forever.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
It's been so long since I played EP2 that I'll probably be lost. I seem to remember something about a giant bird and a doctor. Maybe I should just wait for the whole thing to be done before picking it back up again.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
From the latest newsletter:

quote:

We're often asked about making & selling prints & posters of the game. That's something we still hope to do at some point, but for now we're sticking to sharing high-res printable artwork via this newsletter for you to print yourself if you like. Here are a few:

Tamas prepared these three images for the opening exhibition of Chicago's VGA gallery, and Aron Gent of Document made high-quality prints for display and sale. We wanted to work with VGA & Aron to have some really nicely-made prints available, but didn't want the only publicly-available KRZ prints to be as expensive as these ones needed to be, so we decided not to let them be sold them online. Instead, the Gent prints are sold only in-gallery at VGA, and we're sharing the high-res, printable digital artwork with you here.

Thanks, I guess?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I've given up on the game ever being finished.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
By the way - am I the only one who found episode 2 a bit annoying? I'm a completionist, and it felt like it was damned near impossible to be one without consulting a guide that lists all the stuff you can see in some exact order. I'm not talking about "collect all the feathers/flags/Riddler whatevers" but actual stuff to see and enjoy.

I haven't played 3 yet since I'm waiting for either 5 to ship or the devs to finally say "welp" since I'd already forgotten most of 1 & 2 when 3 shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
A new KRZ newsletter! :buddy:

quote:

Our biggest occupation has obviously been working on Act IV. We're happy with the direction it's taking, but it has been a longer road than we anticipated.

Sigh :smith:

Also they are working on gamepad support for reasons?

• Locked thread