Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djhaloeight
Jan 23, 2007

techno mafia.
Well I'm building up a new system in my Crown Vic. I've already had the head unit and interior speakers upgraded for awhile. Pioneer x2500BT for the head, soon to be upgraded to an Apple CarPlay compatible model. Speakers upgraded to Infinity REF-8602CFX, and there's a flip-down screen on the headliner. A big three upgrade is in the works also.

For the trunk, I chose Soundqubed HDC3.0 12" subwoofers. I've got a vented box coming that's tuned at 34hz, with about 2.5 cubic ft airspace for each sub, which is right in their ideal range. Power will come from a Hifonics Brutus BRX3016.1D amp. It's rated at 3000watts @ 1ohm. I know Hifonics isn't what it used to be when Zed Audio used to manufacture for them, but myself & friends have had good luck with their newer stuff. There's a YouTube video that even shows in detail that Hifonics uses the same board as a Soundqubed amp (which is much more expensive), but with better components and caps etc. My old BRX2400.1D was CEA-2006 compliant and did rated power. They're decent amps for the price. I've also got an AudioControl OverDrive Plus to maximize the line out from the head unit to the amp.

The sub are rated at 1500watts RMS/4500 peak. Has anyone here used Soundqubed equipment? They get pretty good reviews from what I've seen, and are aimed at the DIY community. Their sound deadening is pretty good too. Cheap, and easy to apply, and it doesn't smell. I'm gonna deaden the entire back deck/trunk/lid because I have a feeling I'm gonna be rattling everything on my car to death.

TL;DR
Anyone used Soundqubed equipment / subs? Thoughts on performance?

djhaloeight fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU