Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Anyone have any experience with Volvo amps? My 2016 AM DB9 has this Volvo subwoofer amp and the subwoofer doesn't have any sound coming out of it. I know it's not the fuse, because unplugging it makes all the speakers stop (because fiber loop ), but I'm not sure how to tell if it's the amp, the infotainment, or the wiring.

Edit: Yes, I checked to make sure the subwoofer volume wasn't turned down. I'd reset the infotainment to factory settings, but I'm not sure there's a way to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I don't - my tools are pretty much whatever you'd find around a normal house. I do have a Bluetooth OBD2 reader, but nothing proprietary. I'm not sure a Volvo interface would even talk to an Aston Martin. I think they just use the audio setup.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 25, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Anywhere I can find a pinout for the amp? Maybe I can deduce something from that.

Edit: Here's a better listing for the same amp with the connectors visible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Mart...1-/163930493186

Double edit: Maybe I should just buy the one off the first listing for 40 bucks and see if that fixes it.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 25, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

How many wires are actually in that big grey plug on your car?

IOwnCalculus posted:

For what it's worth, it looks like on that car the power is triggered by the "CEM", seems like a body control module. A1 runs through some fuses to get to a relay controlled by CEM, A2 runs to ground.

If I unplug A, all the speakers shut off, so I know the unit is getting power, at least.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 25, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, I'd bet that diagram I posted is accurate enough then, with each of those pin pairs (1/6, 2/7, 4/9, 5/10) feeding a speaker. Theoretically you should be able to put a multimeter across each of those pin pairs and get continuity, but not with any other pair.

Given that there's no signal other than the fiber, and you've already determined that the fiber itself is good, and you're straight up getting no output, I'm inclined to think you do have a dead amp. I'd expect a wiring problem between the amp and the speakers to have at least some intermittent or partial behavior, unless somehow all four of those pairs got severed at once.

That was my exact thought. I pulled the trigger on the $40 replacement. Thanks.