Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Is there any camera interface unit that will allow for 4 cameras to be connected to a head unit? Iíd like to do a front, rear, and side view camera setup but so far all Iíve found is the Alpine KCX-C250MC which will allow up to 3 cameras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I was looking to upgrade the head unit to one that supported CarPlay thatís why I was wondering about the camera modules.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

um excuse me posted:

Yea I think I understand you correctly. I was just trying to convey that a video splitter means you can look for head units with just one video port, if you want. Splitters come in A/V, coax, and HDMI flavor. So they should cover most anything you pick, theoretically. But definitely do the research. I'm just pointing you in a direction and haven't done this myself.
OK thanks. I was asking because the splitters I came across were all proprietary units and the max number of cameras they can deal with is three. I didn't think that a regular splitter would work with them. I'll look into it further.

taqueso posted:

Oh the roof rack? TBH I don't know, but I do know I've seen aftermarket 360 cams for sale on ebay like this thing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-360-De...ra/113674113278

Thanks I'll look into this some more.