Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Android auto problems!

I decided to replace the old Alpine ipod head unit on my RX7, poo poo was old an annoying at this point. I decided I wanted some navigation with Spotify in my rubber eating death box. I saw that the JVC KW-V840BT was in my budget, had android auto, spotify, and waze. How could I go wrong? I have a JVC projector, that thing kicks all kinds of rear end (like really, JVC, I know, but they can make a fine loving projector), so why not a head unit as well?

This drat thing brought sound levels I didn't know existed within my 10" JL subwoofer and two Diamond (entry level) door speaker setup. With the EQ and a few of the other enhancements I was quite blown away. Like, "fuuuuck, this is what I was missing this whole loving time," kind of vibe.

After fully satisfied that the blood in my ears pushed out all of the q-tip lodged ear wax I decided to check out navigation, fired up the weblink app and tried to use waze. NOPE! ERROR INCOMPATABLE, CONNECT USGB, LASDKFJLSKDFJ. The loving thing won't work with a Galaxy S9 Note. REALLY?
I don't know what to do at this point, I really want the navigation. Spotify integration works fine, JVC Weblink doesn't work, nor does Android Auto.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

IOwnCalculus posted:

DIN tools? Should be a couple of U-shaped Ford-specific wires, not the flat keys that DIN radios use.

Ahh that's kinda lovely, nothing beats jamming your wife's favorite knife into the side of the radio to unlock it.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

I am connected with USB. poo poo doesnt work.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

It only has the one dongle. I looked on their app store and everyone is making GBS threads on it for not working. So I'm not the only one. Why is USB connectivity on phones always spotty? I tried developer mode as well.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Both apps.

The weblink itself never connects to the headunit even before I try an app.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Update. It works now. I don't know why, but it does. Weblink and Android Auto.
Weblink's Waze app is scaled wrong so I'm using AA.
One thing that's odd is that the resolution is not as high with AA than the native OS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

I got your loving grounds right here

https://youtu.be/r4FVnv8qd5A

Reminds me of my first install.