Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teejayh
Feb 12, 2003
A real bastard
I have an 2013 Audi S4 and I want to add a sub in the trunk. the rest of the sound is pretty good, but it lacks real deep base. The audio system uses a MOST bus from the head unit, to the "mmi brain" then to the factory amp. From the factory amp it is normal speaker wires out to the rest of the speakers. What I would like to do is find a way to break into that MOST network, and then feed it into an amp that will let me power a bigger sub.

Looking on the internet, I came across one of these:
http://www.mobridge.us/compatibility/vehicles/16/27/13116/13342/14993

Has anyone here ever done something like this, and if so, is this the right way to go about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teejayh
Feb 12, 2003
A real bastard

Kachunkachunk posted:

I'll be in the same situation within a year or two (2012+ S4 or maybe a 2013+ S5). Did you option yourself a B&O sound system? I imagine I'd still have to fit a sub in the trunk with one, but I was curious what you thought.

Edit: I also considered under-seat low-profile subs, but they're very expensive. Probably more practical than trunk subs/boxes, though, and it could sound a bit nicer if it's all in the cabin and not having to move through a seat. Maybe.

Yeah I got the B&O system because I liked the sound of it better than the stock system. I brought a couple of cd's in and loaded some lossless audio off my iphone and an sd card and listened to both systems with the different sources, and the B&O was way better. The bass while not good was much better than the "audi concert system." I thought of ignoring it and then going component everywhere else, but I ended up wanting to save time by not having to do that, and instead just add a sub to make up for the sub-par base.

I looked at a couple of different sub options, but I did not look at under seat subs. I did look a couple shallow depth subs to mount underneath the rear deck in the trunk but didn't move on it yet. On the passenger side in the trunk is an open area where you can put poo poo in for storage, and I thought of maybe getting a custom made enclosure and mounting the sub there. I'm not sure, I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I put some money into solving my problem.