Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This is a little off the wall and maybe this isn't the right place for this, but I was hoping somebody might be able to help me. Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time, and I'm assembling a functional replica of their proton packs. If you've never seen the movies, here's what I am talking about....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcYJmZKHaGU&t=40s
I've got the shell assembled and the lights all wired up, but now I need sound, and I am a total noob at this. The lights and sound kit I bought didn't come with a speaker, and the vendor isn't clear enough for my dumb-rear end under his recommendations. Does this speaker meet the specs he describes? At this point I think it's probably best for me to start with one speaker, less for me to gently caress up. If it's not loud enough I can add another later.

Once I find the right speaker I don't really know how to wire it. Here's a picture of the circuit board.

Do I just screw down the right type of wires in the slots labeled 'speaker' and then do the same thing on the speaker itself? If It's that simple I think I can handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Sweet, thanks.
I knew you audio goons would give me good feedback. :dadjoke:

I'll show myself out.

deoju fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 22, 2020