Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

43% Burnt
Aug 5, 2004
DID I STUTTER
Hi guys, I have a question. I have a 4Runner that has a JL 300W amp pushing the door speakers (JL XR series) and a 10" 200W Bazooka Tube subwoofer. I recently got myself a new headunit because the old one (Pioneer DEH-7700MP) was starting to give up the ghost. I tore my dash apart and I immediately realized that the old headunit has 3 sets of outputs (front, rear, and subwoofer), while the new one (DEH-X3600UI) only has two (front and rear/subwoofer). I guess I need to get some RCA splitters, but I want to know the best way to hook it up. Should I split the rear/subwoofer output and hook up both the rear speakers and subwoofer, or should I split the front output and hook up the front/rear speakers to that output and hook up the sub to the rear/subwoofer output?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question; I didn't install the old setup myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU