Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am about to buy an '02 RAV-4 with a stock stereo. I don't want to go back to tape adapters so I really want to upgrade the headunit. I also know nothing at all about car audio stuff and looking around Crutchfield's site has me more confused. I would love an recommendations.

I am looking for the following poo poo:

• Bluetooth calling/ music, I have an iphone 5 if that matters
  • A front mounted USB slot so I can stick a dongle full of mp3s and such in. Looking for something with a good menu display as I listen to a ton of old radio shows (nerd, I know) and they usually have insanely long file names.
  • AM/FM tuner.

This seems simple but there is an overwhelming amount of options out there. Something with a really good and user-friendly way to browse files. Also, it looks like a lot of my music is .m4p files and I would love a head unit that could play them without having to convert everything over.

My budget is pretty flexible, I don't want to spend a ton but am willing to do so to get something that will work well for me. I plan to have someone install it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I have an 02 RAV4 and I want to upgrade the receiver from the stock one. I am looking at these two:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_104BV960N/Boss-BV960NV.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_104BV760B/Boss-BV760B.html

I am leery of a budget GPS, but I can use Waze via bluetooth when I need live traffic and poo poo and it would be nice to not have to fuss with my phone for short trips. My main use for the radio will be playing music/podcasts/misc via a USB stick or SD card, so I want something that makes it easy to browse files that way.