Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
Never really thought about this before, but I have a question. Last year I bought a mtx 12" sub, it recommended a sealed box but I already had a ported box so I just used that. I want to buy a second sub this year so I was thinking about buying one that recommended a ported box and swapping boxes since the sub I have is discontinued anyway.

Would this cause any strange sound issues or anything, having one ported, one sealed box?

The box I have is a 1.8 cf ported and it recommended a 1.25cf sealed. Any recommendations on a 2nd 12" that could use the ported box? Preferably under $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
My wife has a 2008 BMW 135i, with the "BMW Professional" system, it has bluetooth, but only works for phone calls not streaming audio. It also doesn't have the USB/iPoD adapter, just the line-in. Is there something we can do without losing the steering wheel controls / built in bluetooth / etc while either using streaming bluetooth, or hooking up an ipod that can be controlled through the stereo/steering wheel controls )and kept charged if possible)?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Does anyone have any experience with the underseat boxes for Ram Quadcabs (2012)? I just got a Ram and it has the Alpine upgrade with the 8" sub, but my last car I had two 12's in the trunk so this seems a little lackluster. I have seen two boxes made for this truck, an MTX 2 10" box, and a JL single 10" box. The JL comes with a 10" W3v3, the MTX is unloaded. Mostly I was just wondering if I can keep my fold flat floor things with either, I don't use the cubby on the drivers side under the seat so the two 10's vs one wouldn't matter, but I do use the fold flat.

Also, I already asked in the BMW thread but it's audio related so I'll ask here too, 2008 E88 (135i) BMW, has bluetooth but it doesn't seem to stream audio, just voice. can this be updated or am I looking at replacing the head unit, and of the latter is there any flip open nav screen HU that would fit? the opening seems too small for a double din, so i'm thinking a single with flip out, and will the steering wheel controls and built in mics or whatever for the bluetooth still work?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
So I bought a fox acoustics single 12 inch ported box for under the rear seat of my Ram. One of the recommended subs for this box is the sundown audio sa 12s. The manufacturer and a few reviews say that the depth fits fine, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar setup if the top of the speaker hits the underside of the seat when it's folded down?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Hi there.

I have a 2012 RAM with the 10 speaker Alpine system from the factory. If you are unaware of the setup, it's got three 3.5" speakers in the dash (center and each side) a 6X9 in each door (4 doors) two 1" tweeters in the rear roof, and a sub under the back seat. Need some advice/recommendations/opinions

I've already replaced the sub now I want to replace the rest of the speakers.

My question is amps. My sub already has an amp, since I'm replacing 9 speakers with the oddball center channel, can I power them with a 4 channel, with each channel to a corner, or should I use 2 4 channels, a channel to each speaker? Then what about the center, just keep it powered by the factory head unit?