Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Neruz posted:

A quick check of the saved game reveals it is called an 'Uuatu Observer'. I have no clue what its motives are but when I decided to poke it with my most powerful fleet it responded by one shotting one of my Leviathans. I promptly got the gently caress out of dodge.

Uuaatu Observer is Uatu the Watcher: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uatu

I think all the Grand Menaces are cribbed from some other bit of pop culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Eagerly awaiting if/when they poo poo on the idea.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Nephilm posted:

I don't know what country mecron is from, but when the police of mine get serious they field military-grade equipment.

Kerebos is Canadian.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Well, to be fair, a lot of us pre-ordered...

:negative:

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

God that place deserves to be goatse'd into oblivion.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Neruz posted:

Oh god.

I removed pretty much all the random events (pirates, spectres, asteroids etc) to leave only the semi-random ones (swarm, von neumann etc).

The result was a galaxy populated by approximately eleventy billion swarm queens and von neumann motherships. I'm not sure if i just broke the game entirely or if changing the probabilities also changes the spawn rates or something.

Truly a cursed reality. Will the hive mind of the AI or the insects triumph? Whoever wins, we lose!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Was thinking of playing SotS 1 again, only to find I've forgotten how to play. Remind me, are you supposed to max infrastructure or terraforming on a new colony first?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

What the heck are they up to now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

How do you install/uninstall that trademod for SotS1?

• Locked thread