Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Bremen posted:

So, there's a new patch out. And either intentionally or unintentionally, apparently now the only cube cost of Loa ships is from their weapons.

Apart from the hilariously low costs for non-combat ships (85 cubes for a Gauss armed supply ship, while loa empires start with 280 thousand), Loa constructors have no weapons. Time for Zap Brannigan style tactics.

Are you saying that constructors cost 0 cubes and thus can be infinitely created?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Korak posted:

Well I would assume after all these years people would at least have the beginning part nailed down to "Do this, do that"? I know some stuff you gotta figure out on the fly, like when do I start building/researching armor and weapons? Obviously depends on how close enemy is. If I start on a 1v1 hourglass, I already know that they're on the opposite side of the map and I have X number of turns where I should be ok to build up economically, right?

Just not sure which way to go.

Well it depends a lot on what race you're playing, a Hiver start and a Zuul start will be very different. Colonizing also strongly depends on your race.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Neruz posted:

Where the hell is that little counter that shows the trade shapes anyway? I've been looking for it for the last two hours and I can't find it :T

On the bottom bar of the main screen, one of the buttons to the left next to the "end turn" button you can change the view. One of the options is "trade view", that will make the goods and freighters information show up on the stars.

Sorry if my wording is unclear, I hope you can get what you're looking for with it.

Now, after a year and a few months I'm actually enjoying the game, though right now I'm playing it as a very slow "build a Hiiver trade economy simulator". 60 turns in and no combat to speak of, but I can't imagine how anyone could afford a war before turn 100, everything is so expensive.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
How do you check your ships and prototypes for special abilities and weaknesses? What screen is it on?

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Nah they still haven't released a game based on the tactical engine, which contains 90% of the good and great things about this game, despite the repeated suggestions. If they released that I'm not sure I would care about any fleet system changes because I'm not sure I would touch the strategic part ever again.

The thread that was linked here about that earlier didn't have a completely negative response. The writer lady said something along the lines of "been a while since I made Mecron write a campaign script, we'll keep this in mind". Better than a "no" I guess.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Giving me whiplash.

"gently caress you fans! All these problems are features. You got what you deserve!" (Now quietly work on a patch that could fix everything).

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Something seems a bit off about these reviews.

quote:

There is such a wealth to do and upgrade that it never feels like you’re saying the same game twice."
8/10 - Game Podunk

"The Pit delivers a solid experience and should be a must buy for fans of the genre. And remember, in space, no one can hear you scream as you die for the forty-second time."
Twonk Hammer

"The tired old roguelike mechanic of running away gets more tense when you can’t see if the monster is still chasing you, and if it’s gaining on you!"
Dragon Chasers

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
If they had a budget, these meteor swarms would be the hint for the next race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
I'm going to play Sots I again, but I never could figure out how to make the trading mod work. Do I just need to put the .gob into a folder somewhere?

• Locked thread