Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

AtillatheBum posted:

This has probably been asked in the old thread, but I'll ask anyway to satisfy my own curiosity and so other people who read the first page wont have to ask either: Is there any kind of modding potential for this game? Especially in regards to the removal of the awful fleet system? I know that would be a pretty big overhaul to most of the game, but is it possible?

I loaded the game up a few days ago just because I saw some screenshots and the trailer from the new expansion that came out and I remembered how gorgeous the game looked on the MARS 2 engine. The combat looks amazing. Unfortunately I gave up my game about 25 turns in because I just can't stand the fleet system.

Mecron would probably send anyone attempting to mod the fleet system out a cease and desist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day
Jesus, I watched some of that stream the guy mentioned it took 2 hours to play 12 in-game turns, was Sots1 multiplayer that slow?

• Locked thread