Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Would it be possible for someone to post up like a newbie guy on playing this game? I feel a bit lost when starting it up and sort of press buttons, pass a few turns then realise I've hosed myself over somehow and close the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Finally getting a grip on this game which is really cool and it's beginning to make sense. The interface isn't so bad when you get used to it, it's just... horrendously ugly.

That said, the explosion on the floating station I encountered was incredibly weak.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do I repair fleets guys? I've got a few battered survey fleets and I'm trying to figure out how to rep them up.

Also my first game is plagued by Haunt of Spectres, aaaaagh.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh jesus, that is really obvious. :doh: Thanks.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Good to see that the old tactic of sending Hiver gate fleets at enemy worlds and then hot dropping poo poo loads of stuff at them seems to work.

How do I rebase fleets guys? I can't quite figure it out. I can patrol, but the relocate option doesn't seem to do anything.

e: can someone explain the retrofit for me? does it refit existing ships, or just update the design for new ones?

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 16, 2012

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sweet, cheers mate. Another question, do you guys use the camel modules and stuff? I read an intro guide that said to cram them on at all given times, so I'm doing that, but I have no idea admittedly what they do.

Korak, there are a few intro guides posted a few pages back, but admittedly I find its a case of bumbling about until you figure it out.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Holy crap, my prototype dreadnought is going to cost me $3m? Jesus.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, prototyping is ridiculous, how the hell do you afford prototyping Leviathans?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do Hivers get an increased supply/allowance for Admirals? Or do Gate Fleets once set up no longer require Admirals to function?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What is up with the current thread title? is that a Loa quote or something?

• Locked thread