Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«250 »
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

H O L E
M A D N E S S

Grimey Drawer

For anyone looking at MCSA/E exams, Microsoft is changing things up come 2019

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/lea...gId=8&Id=375159

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Yeast Confection posted:

WGU is no longer accepting non-American students, according to my admissions advisor yesterday.

Which sucks because OSAP just approved my funding today

... why?

Yeast Confection
Oct 7, 2005
White-Collar Whale

No specific reason given, just a "change in policy."

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

LochNessMonster posted:

My employer wants me to take a TOGAF class. Iím really more of a tech guy than an architect but no matter what role I take I usually end up designing/governing infrastructures so I figured I might as well start getting paid for architect-like roles.

So my question is, has anyone taken the exam recently and if so, what resources did you use? On a level of 0 to Microsoft, how much do the exams suck?

Have you looked into any of the TOGAF book material? I was going to pick up the official guide. Curious if thereís better material out there.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Diva Cupcake posted:

Have you looked into any of the TOGAF book material? I was going to pick up the official guide. Curious if thereís better material out there.

Not yet, Iíll probably get something issued by the bootcamp my employer is arranging. When I see what I get Iíll have a look if and which other materials I need.

my bitter bi rival
Mar 21, 2011

Took my GCIH today. The test itself felt harder than the practice tests, but that was probably just luck of the draw with the questions I got. I wish I had taken 560 instead of 504 now, though, cause I did really well on the exam and think it might have been a little too easy. I dunno if my company will pay for another SANS course for a while. Probably going to relax for a couple weeks and do some vulnhub labs in my downtime, then dive into OSCP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I just submitted TA request for GCIH course+test. If that gets approved I'll knock that out, otherwise just gonna start the OSCP.

«250 »