Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It's a handshake in progress

Finally got around to taking Security+, studied for 2 weeks and got a passing grade

I watched the Mike Meyers Security+ series on Udemy (which regularly goes on sale for $10) and took a zillion practice exams including some that I paid for on Udemy (again, for $10). Was surprised at how ill-prepared I felt for some of the questions, but I guess it worked out in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

QuarkJets posted:

Was surprised at how ill-prepared I felt for some of the questions, but I guess it worked out in the end

I've said before in this thread but I went through A+, Net+, Sec+ and Project+ in about eight months and CompTIA has a way of making you feel like you're failing through the entire exam. Congrats either way.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I've got my AWS Security cert coming up in 6 weeks. Feels good to finally have it scheduled at least. Has anyone here taken it? Any advice besides just reading some of the FAQs for things like CloudTrail? Not sure what to expect going into this test as there is not a ton of info out there about it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Is this new? Seems cheap compared to most SANS.

https://twitter.com/SANSOffensive/status/1364351849835487233

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Anyone have experience with the MS-700, MS-100, and/or MS-101?

Planning to take the MS-700 this week, nervous as I haven't done much work in the phone aspects. I've watched basically everything on the Teams Academy YouTube list, which does cover a lot of those areas. And I've signed up for an E5 Dev tenant, but that does not include the voice licenses (or Windows, so doing autopilot and intune stuff maybe difficult).

MS-100/101 are being updated today and those maybe a few weeks away as I'll want to go through study materials on those. I've worked with SharePoint Online since O365 was released (at Microsoft) and other areas while at a lovely MSP that mostly used it for email and office installs. So there are certainly areas I'm pretty familiar with and others that I've never really touched.

I passed the MS-900 last week using my past experience and the Microsoft Learning Path site. Was not to difficult beyond needing to carefully read exactly what they are asking. That one had no labs unlike the SharePoint cert that I did years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I've got my AWS Security cert coming up in 6 weeks. Feels good to finally have it scheduled at least. Has anyone here taken it? Any advice besides just reading some of the FAQs for things like CloudTrail? Not sure what to expect going into this test as there is not a ton of info out there about it.

Haven't taken it or looked into it, what are you using to study for it?

For other AWS exams I did manage to get a few extra points due to reading the suggested whitepapers so that's the only advice I'm able to give you on this.