Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

My company's paying for me to attend SAFe SP training on the condition that I take and pass the exam. Just learned that the training is a start, but not everything I'll need for the exam, and I only have a month from the completion of the training to take the exam. Anyone been through this and have recommendations for training materials and/or how much time they had to spend studying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

How much time are they giving you during work hours to study following the course? Setting a limit of one month is a bit harsh I think.

I can probably negotiate with my boss, but I haven't seen an estimate of how much time I need, so I don't have useful info to bring to my boss.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

LochNessMonster posted:

I took the class and exam in March. Company paid for it and there were 20 of us who all passed it with only 1 person scoring 85% or something, the rest all had > 90% scores I think. Before taking the exam you need to read some pdfs on their website and watch some videos you can’t skip but that’s about 2 hours of time in total.

It’s insanely simple to pass, read the training material once and make a cheat sheet out that has lists of things like the SAFe Core Values, Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean pillars, etc. Keep this as a reference during your exam. PM me if you have questions on topics that should be on it.

It’s a webbased exam that is not proctored so there is nobody stopping you from keeping your course material / notes next to you. The SAFe website is good to have open in 1 tab. If you search for the subject of a question you are likely able to find the anwser.

I think you might even be able to pass it without reading any of the material and just googling every single question. It helps a lot when you recognize the buzzwords and their meaning though.

Fantastic, thank you very much!