Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm thinking of getting a CompTIA A+ cert, are there any guides as to what all I need to know or do I have to purchase their guides?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I did the 900 test not too far back, Professor Messer will be your best friend and with typical knowledge you can be ready to go within the span of a month or two depending on your schedule. Supplement his stuff with a healthy dose of practice exam questions, review acronyms before you go in and you're golden.

Thank you for this! Looks like there's a lot of great resources on his site.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Actuarial Fables posted:

If you haven't already, you may want to make a free account on Cisco's "Netacad" and download Packet Tracer. Packet Tracer has a bunch of simulated network devices (switches, routers, client devices) that you're able to configure and connect. I haven't taken the Network+ myself (went straight to CCNA), but I figure having at least some access to networking equipment may be handy for really nailing down some concepts.

I'll also be taking the A+ soon, so if you have questions about it you can PM me or post here.

What materials are you primarily using to study for the A+?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

rngd in the womb posted:

Check out DionTraining. He has his website and is on Udemy. His practice tests are pretty good and close to the real thing. They go on sale pretty often too. I got my A+ recently this way.

Thanks for mentioning the DionTraining website, going to the Udemy stuff from that site applied an 83% off coupon. I was looking at these tests the other day and was wondering when they would go on sale, and it looks like it's all the time if you find the right link.