Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Passed my CCENT today with a 947, much easier than expected. Should have my CCNA by January, and then need my Security+ in the spring. But I was wondering if there is much call for IT people with MS, Cisco, and CompTIA certs. My current job requires the CompTIA and I really enjoy both the Cisco and Microsoft lines. Is it ultimately better to specialize or have broad certs across the major vendors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Any good practice tests that aren't actual test answers for the ICND2? Been looking and I can't really find anything.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

readingatwork posted:

God I hope this is true because the way some of these questions are written really pisses me off.

Unrelated: Testout also likes to focus their quizzes on things they haven't bothered to teach you yet/hid in some two page text file.

Taking an AD class right now with TestOut and it is poo poo. I miss my Cisco CCNA courses, now that was pretty well written!(except for the blatant adverts that were randomly shoved into parts of the curriculum)

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Going for my Sec+ tomorrow, not expecting much of a challenge. Then its off to completing my ICND2!

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Passed the Security+ exam! It wasn't too bad, but some of those questions are incredibly subjective. The perfect CompTIA mix of too easy and overly nit-picking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Race Realists posted:

100 questions for the N10-006.

Man gently caress you comptia.

Maybe i should go with the CCENT? It's under a hundred loving questions, will ensure my chances of getting an entry level help desk position (and a networking position when i get the actual experience to go with it:v:)

id be killing alot of birds with one stone.

The CCENT is more respectable than the Net+(kinda), and its 50% of the CCNA. Downsides: I've done both, the CCENT is harder. CompTIA wants memorization, Cisco wants understanding. And the tests reflect that.