Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eefster
Feb 29, 2008

Daughter of Lilith and of Eve
Grimey Drawer

1000101 posted:

Around December or so I started hitting the books hard to fill in the gaps then in the beginning of January started spending time doing a lot of lab stuff. The practical hands-on stuff is tremendously helpful and practically trivializes most of the lab sims on the exam.

I'm working on CCNA Voice at the moment, but hope to start on the CCNP R&S exams right after that. How did you get access to the physical equipment you mention? Was it purely stuff at work, a rack rental, or your own personal lab? Or did you go the simulator/emulator route - GNS3 / Packet Tracer / Boson / some other?

I'm wondering how far I'll get without buying gear, and I've heard conflicting reports, so I'm interested to hear what your experience has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU