Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

netw1z
Oct 19, 2008
. . .

SPICE MUST FLOW posted:

Is there a general consensus on the quality of CBT Nuggets video training?

I think it really depends on who is presenting the material. I've watched CBT's that made me fall asleep because the presenters voice was so boring and unengaging, and others that have had me laughing my rear end off.

The Cisco ones by Jeremy Cioara are very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netw1z
Oct 19, 2008
. . .

Jedi425 posted:

By and large I agree on the CompTIA point, with the exception of your government types who need Security+ to meet some random DoD requirement. Aside from that, I know when we hire, CompTIA certs mean little to nothing at this point.

What's the general consensus on the CompTIA Linux+ then? That nets you LPIC certs in addition to the CompTIA one – but then is it best to just go for, say, the RHCSA instead?

netw1z
Oct 19, 2008
. . .

moron posted:

I can appreciate that he's sticking to the CCNA syllabus and avoiding straying too far off course, but still...

Maybe it worked - wireless topics have been dropped from the revised curriculum.