Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Strike Anywhere posted:

What were the worst parts that made it a huge slog for you? Was the studying the slog or getting to the test and realizing the minutia you were required to remember?

I just passed my 70-640 this week and I think the big thing for me was most of the exam was based on the last four chapters of the Microsoft Press book I used. So it was a lot of content that I don't utilize for my job. (I maintain small and medium sized networks)

So I had to really buff up on that stuff and I have next to no lab that I could spin five or six virtuals on and do the exercises those chapters called for.

I guess my challenges may or may not be what your challengers are but I'm also the sort that over prepares for exams (I must have put about 100 hours into this one over three months)

That said, there was only one question that really surprised me on the exam and I ended up with an 850. I think I'll do the 642 next and then the 646 and leave it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VR Cowboy posted:

Is that an American thing? Where I work we use A exclusively.

B is the american standard. The rest of the world uses A. (Including the U.S. military at least overseas)

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm interested in doing an Exchange cert. I'm think 70-662 would be the one to go for. My question is did anyone do this exam and is their material they'd recommend?