Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

I enjoyed Mike Meyers randomly making GBS threads on CompTIA for covering the dumbest poo poo before he would continue on with a lesson.

Speaking of Meyers, I'm going through his a+ course on udemy and this seems like a lot less hard info than Messer's. Maybe because Meyers is a better instructor but I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to be missing a lot of stuff for the exam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Double glad I didn't pay full price for this.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Bought Dion practice tests for net+ and got a 65% on the first one. gently caress me I need to review a ton before the exam on Saturday.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Did it! Passed Net+ with a 784. The entire time I felt like I was getting every question wrong.

The Cram book by Dulaney was probably the most helpful resource. So much more information in that little book than the entire course had.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I took the net+ online a couple months ago. A little before the scheduled time you check in on the app, they ask you to take a few pictures of the testing area, then you wait in a queue. They call you to test your microphone and camera. I had an issue where they couldn't hear me so they said to restart the app and they bumped me back to the front of the queue.

It was a pretty painless process. The rules of what you can't do are pretty clearly defined. (no talking, no mouthing words, eyes glued to the screen) I think there was a way to take digital notes inside the app but I don't remember.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

drat that's way better than Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Meyers' books (at least the net+ book) are way way better than his videos. I think they're fun, insofar as a textbook can be.