Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
I'm a more audio/video learner and do better "hunting" for info that I need to know the answer for (example: taking a quiz and then finding the info on Q's I got wrong) Right now I'm trying to drag my rear end through the A+ book which is condescending as gently caress.
What strategies have worked for y'all to make the info stick? I'm learning disabled with some memory issues as well (mostly related to numbers) so I'm wondering if they allow for reasonable accommodations in your experiences?
Edit: I am also a filthy poor and taking the tests are pretty $$$ for my price range so any resources for low income individuals would be pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

https://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/220-901/comptia-220-900-course/

It's harder with tests like A+ because it's mostly rote memorization as opposed to things where you can set up a lab and work your way through with practical information that you need to learn. You might consider setting up a VM on your personal computer and just following along videos like this, though.

There's also sites like Pluralsight and CBTNuggets, but they aren't cheap. Pluralsight's $30-something a month and CBTNuggets is $100+. You might also look at Udemy, you can get a full course on there for $5-12.

Honestly though I'd take a good look at Professor Messer's A+/Net+/Sec+ stuff first if you're going the CompTIA route. They're as good as paid resources that I've seen out there. I used them - watched the videos, jotted down notes while watching, and then read over the notes I'd read. And followed along on my computer doing the things he showed, like I said.

...I still can't believe A+ requires two exams.

These are such good resources! Thank you, my google-fu keeps referring me to expensive training sites that just seem like rip-offs. 5-10 bucks I can probably swing though.

Edit: I am good at computer