Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies

ApocalypseMeow posted:

Just booked my 70-410 exam for the end of January, so far the studying doesn't seem too tough so far
I'm quite comfortable with Server 2003/2008, although I'm quite new to scripting and have little PowerShell experience so that's what I'm spending the most time on.

I ordered the Learn Windows PowerShell 3 in a Month of Lunches book that seems recommend all over the place.

Are there any other good resources for learning Powershell V3 besides the material I've got and hands on practice?

If you want to get into some of the more development oriented aspects of PowerShell (proper design, writing help for your cmdlets, error handling/debugging techniques, custom formatting, building your own modules, etc), I'd recommend Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches by the same authors. I did a manuscript review of it this summer and it has a lot of useful info on writing scripts so they behave just like the built-in cmdlets do, modules you can share with your colleagues, and so on.

Other than that, the Hey, Scripting Guy! always has good content, but it's generally more along the lines of tips and tricks or focusing on a certain task/topic (like there was a series a couple months ago on working with Hyper-V VMs) than it is actually teaching the language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU