Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

It's 4,500 hours if you have a 4 year degree, 7,500 without one. They only accept experience in the past 7 years. Also need 35 hours of classes but there are online ones that are cheap and accepted.

So once you submit all that on your app (don't lie, because they can audit you) and they approve it you have one year to pass the exam which is 200 questions within 4 hours. You get three attempts per year. Then after that you need 60 credits every three years.

It's not cheap either.

Does it open more doors and pay more salaries?

I have the experience, but not the classes. Looking for somewhere to get this education. $555 doesn't seem THAT expensive. What are the 60 credits? More education?

This seems to be the cheapest - https://www.brainbok.com/plans $120 gets you your 35 hours.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm a little vague on the 4,500 hours - I just have to have someone like my boss sign a paper that says I did it?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not sure what your line of work is. But basically if you managed any project you toss it in and make it reasonable.

I'm a BSA - so half of my job is IT project management. I can probably just run a report on our project tracking system and use that.

quote:

And the test is changing in March. They will be including Agile techniques somehow into the PMBOK.

So get the cert before March, got it.

So I shouk

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got my classroom hours, any suggestions on taking the PMP? I assume additional study is important?