Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sh1fty
Jan 22, 2004

Might be a dumb question but here we go...

I'm looking to get into the IT field, more specifically Cyber Security. I've been a TV producer/editor for around 10 years with no real IT experience. Would getting a bunch of certs (A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, etc) help me at least land a job in IT? Would my broadcasting Diploma have any merit? Or is it hopeless without going back to actual school and getting a CS or IT diploma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sh1fty
Jan 22, 2004

MF_James posted:

There's a security specific thread you might get better info about specifically getting into infosec, it's titled something like "Don't roll your own crypto"

Okay let me rephrase for this thread. Will certs be enough to at least get my foot into most doors (even an entry level IT job), or am I wasting my time because my diploma isn't computer specific?

sh1fty
Jan 22, 2004

Wqwedftyyyuujuujjjjljnhjtca,Z:-!O:-)