Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
I'm getting ready to start a 7-week CCNA course and I'm wondering if anybody else who has gotten their cert can suggest some good online resources they used to help along the way? I looking for forums, blogs, etc, stuff I can read at work/during down time that will keep me thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Just to confirm, the old-style ICND1 exam code on Pearson Vue's website is the 640-822? And is the old ICND2 640-816?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

VR Cowboy posted:

That's right.

Great, thanks!

640-822 scheduled and paid for, that should kick my rear end in gear... Any thoughts about the premium subscription to the cisco learning network? At 10 bucks a month, would it be useful for the next couple months to help study for the ICND1/2 before it changes, or is it pretty much a waste of money?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Can anyone recommend a good practice exam package for the 640-822/816?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Passed my ICND1 this afternoon with a 912.

I'm almost positive one of the questions was incorrect, too, is there a mechanism for reporting stuff like this? The question was a simple host range problem with the subnet being 192.168.4.0/26. That should include 192.168.4.1-192.168.4.62, and there was only one answer in that range and I had to choose two...

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

640-816 today and I'm nervous as hell...anybody have some good last minute free practice questions?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

CCNA passed...now I just need to convince someone to give me a job doing it.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I got a low score on of the config questions...am I allowed to post the general topic of the question? Because I think once I do it will be clear why...

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

skipdogg posted:

Absolutely, as long as it isn't THE test question there shouldn't be a problem with it.

Three words: VLAN database mode.

That thing I didn't bother to study because every thing I read about it told me that it was deprecated and not to use it. I almost lost my poo poo in the testing room. I loving had VTP down-pat and that is how they tested me on it. If I hadn't passed, and I nearly didn't, I would have been loving livid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

MrBigglesworth posted:

Basically, reversing the wildcard mask to find my network increments, and then see if the given IP address falls in that range. Am I describing it right?

I'm not sure what you mean by network increments, but finding matching host address in a wildcard is easy because the "interesting" octet in your wildcard basically defines the upper boundary of your possible host addresses(e.g. 0.0.0.15 tells you that your possible host addresses will be .1-.14).