Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I like to move it move it!
I go up for MTA: 98-366 tomorrow. Any last minute tips??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

keseph posted:

So, I've got an upcoming lab which is remote-monitored, and one of the requirements is a webcam that views your entire desk working area (to prevent taking notes on questions, etc away with you). Their client of choice is not compatible with any of our teleconferencing equipment at work, so I need to buy my own consumer-grade one to set up at home. My last experience with webcams was circa 2001 and holy poo poo were they giant piles of garbage back then. Any suggestions for a good, relatively cheap one with minimal software BS?

I'm in this same boat with WGU. The one they sent me is garbage, so I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Webcam-Portable-Calling-Autofocus/dp/B004WO8HQ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380285763&sr=8-3&keywords=webcam -- It is a decent camera in which you don't even have to install the software package.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

If its a chain store (walmart/bestbuy/etc,) then nope!

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

DrAlexanderTobacco posted:

Passed my 98-365 today. I know that's probably small-time to a lot of people but I haven't taken a test since I dropped out of high school so I was pretty nervous. Got an 80% mark, pass rate was 70%. I took 4 minutes to complete the test and was given an hour. That was a mistake, even though I went through the questions methodically I could have probably gotten 90% or higher if I had slowed down and thought about it. For the next 3 I'll slow down.

Picked up a lot of forgotten study skills since revising for this. I've got 3 more of the MTA exams to go until I get £1k added onto my salary (:10bux:), and then onto MCSA! Exciting.

I have this on tuesday for school. Glad to see it wasn't that difficult.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Just do it. What happens if you ever lose that job?

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Just got my Stanley email about the vSphere course. I'm planning to enroll, can someone give me a brief idea of what the course entails, how it works, class times etc etc??

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

What is the SHSC consensus on MeasureUp tests? My job is trying to start purchasing some training material and asking me for recommendations.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Just got back from passing my 70-680! Wasn't sure when I clicked Finish, I got hammered on a bunch of BranchCache configuration questions when my knowledge of that was basically limited to the fact that it exists and what it does. Time to review that and then onto the next... thinking Security+.

what all did you use to study?

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

70-688 this monday. I've failed it twice already (IVE NEVER FAILED A CERT BEFORE) Any tips? last minute study resources, etc etc.

I had the windows 7 equivalent and for some reason i cant really get the concept of this.. I just dont have enough hands on experience.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Anyone have any success with studying via audio books? It's a habit im thinking of trying. I've really been listening to alot of podcasts lately and was thinking this might be more productive.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Race Realists posted:

okay see poo poo like this scares me into not wanting to take the test

same especially when i have the WGU learning material as well :(

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Just went ahead and bought the mike meyers book. I have about 30 days left in the semester so i should be fine.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Taking Net+ this Friday. Anyone taken it recently? Big things to look for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Judge Schnoopy posted:

WGU Students -

I'm trying to estimate completion times for various courses to know how I need to budget my time (and how hard I need to bust my rear end to finish on my schedule). Courses like "Data Management Foundations" and "Data Management Applications" are pretty self-explanatory, foundations is learning and applications is doing. I imagine the applications side of things would take a week of serious work at 3 to 5 hours a day, but does the foundation side take longer? Can I expect 2 weeks as sufficient to read all the material and pass the final when I'm working on it 5 days a week?

yes